Alde Heating-Pro's & Cons

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the caravan maker designs the caravan so a hot air duct goes outside, that is not a fault or inefficiency of the heating system that is a fault of the application. the heaters efficiency its its ability to extract heat from the fuel fed to it.

If it's less effective that' s the caravans fault not the heaters.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If the caravan maker designs the caravan so a hot air duct goes outside, that is not a fault or inefficiency of the heating system that is a fault of the application. the heaters efficiency its its ability to extract heat from the fuel fed to it.

If it's less effective that' s the caravans fault not the heaters.
I thought we were discussing heating in a caravan therefore blown air heating in a caravan is inefficient due to layout of ducting etc?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought we were discussing heating in a caravan therefore blown air heating in a caravan is inefficient due to layout of ducting etc?
On my last caravan no blown air ducting was outside of the caravan. What I liked was the resilience of the system. Hot water was independent of heating. Lack of electric would still allow the lounge heater to be used on gas so the van would stay warm.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Our last three caravans have had the ducting running underneath for part of it's run and all three suffered severe heat loss at the end. I insulated the pipe run underneath which helped but was never brilliant. The advantage of the ALDE wet system is that the heat reaches it's destination without suffering loss through poor design/insulation or having to faff around with balancing the system with the butterfly vents. The downsides of the ALDE system are that it's heavier than the Truma blown air system and the fluid needs changing at certain intervals.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts