Alde heating

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,
we will be going away for are first outing in our new van (to us) in a couple of weeks time so have been getting used to all the new features (to me) having read the owners manual and having a play I find the Alde heating a great piece of kit my only comment is that it seems to take quite some time to get the van up to a comfortable temp.
Any hints or tips regarding this would be most welcome also what daytime/night time temp. settings to be comfortable? :unsure:

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
start on gas for faster heat up....then keep it ticking over on electric. ours goes from cold to a cosy 19 in about 30 mins...

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
In the winter months we generally have the daytime heat between 18C and 20C, reducing that to 10C to 12C on the night setting (depending upon how "nesh" we are feeling!).

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Use both Gas and Electric together for fast warm up. Gas will shut down once electricity can maintain temperature automatically. We turn off the gas anyway - belt and braces.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Found it best to pitch up, with friends, get into their van, have a drink, go to the pub , come back and our old non alde heating is great,. But it heats up quicker than the alde. Ours is noiseier , fan wise, Coachman VIP 560, , but I do like the alde system. . Contrast of thoughts.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Early Alde systems had a maximum of two kilowatt electric elements. Later models have up to 3 kilowatt elements which speed up initial heat up times but either way, gas and electric together for quick warm up.
We keep our 'van on our drive so get it warmed up before we set off.

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
read it in my alde handbook I think.....system is designed for max output on gas (6kw) but max efficiency on gas and eleccy (no idea how or why!!!!!)....only puts out max 3150w on eleccy with the gas boosting this to just over 4kw.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts