Aldi Bargains on Thursday & Sunday

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket the best buy for use on a camp site is the Teppanyaki Grill, does a great job of cooking and takes 20 seconds to clean, using 3 pieces of kitchen roll. I have used one for two years and it beats me why anyone would ever use a barbecue, with all the cleaning needed after use. It also takes up very little space and with minimum weight, it wins in all departments.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi George

Had one of the early ones that was half flat / half raised & the non stick coating was not non stick, :angry: that's why my favourite bit of kit is one of these :woohoo: :lol: ;)

Admitted you can do the eggs & bacon on it but i think i would struggle with a tin of tomatoes as well ... :whistle:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
You might have to go on Sunday also :p :p :p :p :silly: :silly: :silly: :whistle:
You have got to get there for opening time or all of the goodies will have gone :( :(

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
You might have to go on Sunday also :p :p :p :p :silly: :silly: :silly: :whistle:
You have got to get there for opening time or all of the goodies will have gone :( :(

Shopping on a Sunday?????? And at opening time No No No No :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Sproket said:
How about a steady winder .... light enough for the OH to use ;)

How about a socket tester .... for use in the van or home ;)

Might even look at one of these.. if there are any left

Think you caught me out this time eh Sprocket, well I will tell you our local store opens ohn Thursday :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

now what shall I buy?????

Come on Kev
It must be a set of waterproofs for you and Mags :evil:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Come on Kev
It must be a set of waterproofs for you and Mags :evil:[/quote]

Think you and Parksy need them, still dry down here :evil: :lol:

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
BedfordGeorge said:
Sprocket the best buy for use on a camp site is the Teppanyaki Grill, does a great job of cooking and takes 20 seconds to clean, using 3 pieces of kitchen roll. I have used one for two years and it beats me why anyone would ever use a barbecue, with all the cleaning needed after use. It also takes up very little space and with minimum weight, it wins in all departments.

Was going to check those see how much power they use for France with 6 amp electric

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I would like to thank the people of South Devon for SAVING me a fortune today.
Passed the Aldi store at 6.40am this morning (Opening day) and they were queuing up already at this time.
Passed it a few times during the day and the car park was full and they were stacking up on the main road waiting to get in, if I cant drive in and park straight away they wont be getting my money, oh well suppose the novelty may wear off sometime!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Come on Kev
It must be a set of waterproofs for you and Mags :evil

Think you and Parksy need them, still dry down here :evil: :lol:
It's warm and sunny here now and we had a lovely day yesterday. We're going home in the morning :(
Speaking of Aldi, there's a store here in Porthmadoc so we had a look round earlier this week while it was raining, after reading Sprockets posts.
We both noticed that food items were cheaper than Tesco's, although there wasn't as much choice in brands.
I bought a set of interlocking awning flooring mats for £12.99 :)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
The problem is we are all used to buying brand named food as well as other things, what we do is we buy it and try it, if it's ok it get's bought again, :p then the bit's we can't get we get from Asda ;)

I like to see all of the big car's in the car park with people putting there shopping into other supermarket carrier bags whilst still in the car boot :lol: :lol: I bet they even take the labels off the tins before they go in the bin just in case some one spot's them :silly: :silly:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
There was an advert in Wednesday's paper comparing twenty identical items from Aldi and the big five..Aldi were £20 cheaper.
Aldi brands come from Europe mostly Germany. A lot of meat is British.
The fruit and veg are very cheap.
Aldi Cirencester opened earlier this year.For a few weeks the car park was chocker.
Now whilst fairly full never queued.
So Kevin in a few weeks time you can take Mags for a spending spree at your new Aldi .

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
The Teppenyaki is 1800watts, but it has 5 settings to reduce the heat, and we have never had a problem using it in France. I also have never had a problem with the Teflon coating and sticking as Sprocket has, possibly he bought a very early one, and they have improved the finish.

However ALDI also now offer a Teppenyaki Tray, with no power connection, but with a pan like circular section on the bottom, price about £10-00. I now use this in conjunction with an Electric Induction hob from LIDL, also offered by ALDI, price about £30-00. This has a 2000watt element but with a control that can take it down in 200watt movements and I find that 1200watt is good to start the cooking , but drop it to 800watt when I need to slow the cooking down. I find this gives far better control of the heat than the electric teppenyaki grill. It also means the heat is more central, allowing the outside edges to have sufficient heat to keep food warm. whilst cooking other items.
I should add that you need cooking pans that are magnetic when using an Induction Hob, so aluminium pots and pans will not work on it.
As with all items in ALDI & LIDL they are not always available and it can be many months before an item is offered again, so patience is needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts