Aldi special buys

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Aldi have camping equipment this week; but what may of interest to caravanners is a driveway security post for £19:99. Looks like you bolt it down rather than cement it in, but not a bad price as a visual deterrent.
Mel

gyp

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I was in local Aldi yesterday and bought a caravan electric kettle for £1.99 from the clearance shelf. The cashier reminded me that it still has a 3 year warranty !
Good Buy !

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
Saw that. It would/might keep honest people at bay. Not impressed.

I agree with you DaveA1, but as Mel said "visual deterent"; locks only keep unprepared honest people (partially honest) people at bay :dry:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
gyp said:
I was in local Aldi yesterday and bought a caravan electric kettle for £1.99 from the clearance shelf. The cashier reminded me that it still has a 3 year warranty !
Good Buy !

Nice to get wee bargain, well done B)

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
Its all about making it hard for would be thieves, enough so that they decide to look elsewhere, If they really want your caravan they will have it, but making it hard work helps, I have my caravan behind 2 tall wooden gates down the side of the house, those gates have an iron bar across that go through the gate with 4 padlocks on the other side, I then have a bracket bolted to the side of the house with a heavy duty chain to the a frame, I made my own hitch-lock (sounds iffy i know but believe me its better than any on the market, 1/4" steel used along with a decent padlock) , then I have a wheel clamp, and finally 2 trackers, (1 dummy one which I retrieved from a car and semi-wired in, this is the decoy, hidden, but not too hidden, and then the active one that is proper hidden).
Ok it takes me 10 minutes to unlock everything when we go away but..at least I have something to unlock :)

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
Craigyoung said:
Ha class ; where do you live again - Alcatraz !! :p
Can't fault That. Careful you don't wake the neighbours with all that early morning clanking, :p

yeah both our neighbours have new born babies too :woohoo:
Actually It's my De-Walt 3/8" impact gun that I use to wind the steadies in that really does the trick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Paddlocks, they get through them in less than a minute, beware South of Ivanhoe had three caravans stolen from houses a month ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts