ALKO 1300 Stabiliser

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
red handle up turn red wheel on opposite side clockwise until you feel some resistance hitch up to tow ball turn red wheel anti clockwise till it clicks push red handle down hope this helps if not come back.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

The AL-KO 1300 is the favourite coupling stabiliser for the Eriba Touring caravans, and we've built up a fair amount of experience with these couplings.

The red wheel is used to clamp the friction pads onto the tow-ball, and has an internal clutch to stop you applying more force than just "nipping" the pads.

The red handle (on the side of the coupling) is then used to apply a fixed torque onto the coupling pads.

When you clean the tow-ball, remember to clean out the inside of the AL-KO 1300 with clean rags (with maybe white spirit or brake cleaner) - crud builds up inside there too

Robert

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
Word of warning. Only turn the red wheel until you hear 1 or 2 clicks. Anymore and the pads will jam on the towball and is a ba****d to get off! (and yes, it happened to me LOL)

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Word of warning. Only turn the red wheel until you hear 1 or 2 clicks. Anymore and the pads will jam on the towball and is a ba****d to get off! (and yes, it happened to me LOL)
My greatful thanks to all who have responded

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts