Alko ATS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am interested in getting the Alko ATS retr-fitted to my Bailey Senator Arizona. I made enquiries today and was rather amazed to hear that the only 2 options are:

(1) Take the caravan to Alko in Warwickshire 266 round trip for me from Merseyside. A round trip of at least 4.5 hours plus 3.5 hours fitting time. Cost £399.50. Earliest appointments May 27.

(2) A company called "Myriad" will come to my home and fit it for the snip of £550 - some mark-up. Earliest appointment 29 April.

What a choice??!!! I am amazed that Alko are not licensing other companies to fit this. Alko advise me that they have no plans to do this.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED at this situation

Has anyone else had ATC retro-fitted to their caravan? What was the experience like?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you are halfway competent at DIY the LEAS system would be an alternative to the AlKo ATC worth considering. The LEAS system works on exactly the same principle and is equally trasnsferable from one caravan to the next. However, because the manufacturer doesn't have a distributor in the UK, the only way you can have one fitted is to order direct and fit it yourself, but that does save money. BL Trading, the LEAS system manufacturer, has no issue with warranty due to DIY fitment.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz

I refitted the Reich Brake Control which is now on the 5th van and gives control over braking as well as anti sway when the brake pedal is touched

It works well but at

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The Reich Brake Control is OK but, as you say, it does rely on applying the car's brakes to active it, so it cannot be described as a passive system which is what both the AlKo ATC and the LEAS systems are. Both of them do not require your foot to be on the brake pedal to work.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Reich Brake Control is OK but, as you say, it does rely on applying the car's brakes to active it, so it cannot be described as a passive system which is what both the AlKo ATC and the LEAS systems are. Both of them do not require your foot to be on the brake pedal to work.
True but they don't give the option of braking the van relative to the car as well

I probably would go for the LEAS another time but I find braking the van on winding descents (ie leaving M6 J15 northbound!) a usefull aid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts