Alko hitch lock "safety ball"

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This came with my hitch lock but I've not actually used it. What is it's purpose other than looking suspiciously like an adult "toy"?
You shove it up the hole as it replaces the towball. Generally is supposed to stop someone dropping the hitch onto their towball, With a normal tow hitch we neve bothered, but fit it now with our ALKO premium secure hitch lock.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
On the Winterhoff the plastic piece has to be in pushed into place to allow the hitch handle into the closed position when the security lock can then be applied. Not sure if Alko hitches would have the same requirement

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You shove it up the hole as it replaces the towball. Generally is supposed to stop someone dropping the hitch onto their towball, With a normal tow hitch we neve bothered, but fit it now with our ALKO premium secure hitch lock.
As Buckman posts, it's to improve security - it may only be a marginal improvement but "every little helps"

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
On the Winterhoff the plastic piece has to be in pushed into place to allow the hitch handle into the closed position when the security lock can then be applied. Not sure if Alko hitches would have the same requirement
We used it on our seasonal caravan it had a Winterhoff hitch and the plastic piece toy we did exactly what you describe , but we also put in our Alko hitch on our last caravan i always think any extra security is better than none

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Ah OK, thanks. I'll have a go at ahem, "shoving it up the hole" next time I park it up! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts