Alko hitch locked

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi
Iv just bought a 2nd hand Alko hitch head And fitted ok but I think it is locked. Can anyone help with any ideas please ???
Cheers
Put the key in and try pushing the key and lock barrel inwards whilst moving the red body backwards and forwards. A gentle application of WD 49 might help but it’s not recommended for locks as a routine. A one off won’t hurt.

Reactions: Phillip Leeder
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The non-stabiliser Alko hitches had a primitive locking facility which was a lockable pin which was inserted just behind the ball which prevents the handle releasing the ball.

If the OP bought that sort of hitch the key should have been provided - if this is the case, the OP needs the seller to provide the key.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think we need to know what sort of hitch this is although my guess would be Roger is right and a key is needed for the locking device that could be fitted to some hitches. If no key is available and the seller will not refund the cost I am afraid trying to drill it out is all I can suggest.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Boris, can you let us know what type of Alko Hitch you have, to get them to latch onto the tow ball the main lever has to be raised fully then the smaller one lifted until it clicks and holds up, then it will "clip" over the tow ball.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts