Alko shock absorbers and powrtouch mover.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
I have a Lunar Clubman fitted with a Powrtouch heavy duty motor mover (both are this years model) and I would like to fit a pair of alko shock absorbers.

Can anyone advise me if this will involve moving/adjusting the motor mover to accomodate the shockers, please?

Many thasnks,

Ron.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Assuming that you've got an ALKO chassis then it's probably not a lot different to my Bailey Pageant Provence. I've got a Powrtouch motor mover and fitted shock absorbers to the van earlier this year -a well worth while mod. It's a very easy job. I found that one motor unit had to be shifted about 10mm outwards to give enough clearance to the shock absorber body. (took abut 5 mins to shift the motor unit) and I didn't need to jack the van up - you just need spanners to fit 6mm, 8mm, 10mm and 12mm bolts = 11mm, 13mm, 17mm and 19mm respectively. I also found that to fit the shockers you need a ring or open ended spanner to hold the top outside bolt whilst you torque it up from the inside because the motor units get in the way of a socket. A third hand would have been useful to squeeze the lower brackets together whilst fitting the lower shocker bolt and getting the nut started - failing that a mole wrench helps(ALKO suggest pliers but a mole wrench is easier).

If you are agile and slim enough you can do the whole job without jacking the van up - I'm not, so most of the time was taken up in jacking the van and placing axle stands.

DONT WORK UNDER A JACKED UP VAN UNLESS YOU'VE GOT AXLE STANDS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts