Alko Shocks just fitted.

May 18, 2007
Visit site
I have just fitted Alko shock to my new Coachman Amara.Can't wait to get out and try them out.

What are peoples thoughts on these units?

P.S Fitted in less than half and hour and no need to take wheels off.

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hello m8

ive just fitted these to my twin axle bailey,i only learnt about these on this website and promptly bought 4, but a very noticeable differance really made up with them it rides the bumps like a car now!!!!

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
My '80's Sprite has shock absorbers as standard - I was amazed to learn that they are apparently not fitted on modern vans.

Surely they should improve the toweability, thus reducing the need for fancy stability devices!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been told for years that the Alko rubber suspension doesn't "need" shock abaorbers as its self damping

Older vans were fitted with shock absorbers as they use coiled springs or possibly torsion bar suspension

In Germany shock absorbers need to be fitted to allow a higher towing speed

I have fitted them(same pair!) to several new vans over a number of years for myself and the mounting points are already there on the Alko chassis

There have been so many postings about fitting shocks that Swift have now started fitting them as standard due mainly to popular demand

"They Listened"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts