Alko Stabilisers

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
hi,

was thinking of changing to one of the above purely to do away with the manual fitting and dismantling of the blade type stabiliser i have. i see there are two types that would suit my caravan, an alko aks3004 and an aks 1300. the latter says it is for use with caravans up tp 1360kg, this is the max weight of mine, so do i go for the 1300 or the 3004 type ?

cheers.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I would go for the 3004 type myself if you really need to have one.??

our van has the 1300 fitted and its next to usless because.⇨

1 it only has 2 pads and does not stop pitching

2 it is non adjustable unlike the blade

3 if you lift the handle or drop it before turning the knob it jambs and has to be released by a socket and hammer

4 if you do a reverse manouver before releasing the pads it will not disengage from the ball

5 depending on where you have the towbar plugs , the handle fouls the plugs and breaks them on full lock "done this twice before moving the plugs.

honestly mate I would stick to the blade

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
hmmm, interesting colin, fair assessment. you say you have the 1300 version and would recommend sticking to the blade.

so would you have the 3004 over the blade type ?.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi highlander

I use a blade have done for years the alko was on the van when we bought it but after one summer of use with all the problems went back to the blade the alko is still on the van though I just dont set it any more

BTW I do like the look of the 3004 but as the van is only 1022kg MTPLM it may be a little OTT for it plus there is the cost?? mmmmmmmm.

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
Aks1300 is fine, I fitted one to our van a couple of years ago.

First trip out, it jammed on the towball and would not release. That was because I didnt read the operating instructions before use (I am a man after all lol). I'd forgot to slaken off the friction pad adjusting wheel. This needs tightening 3 "clicks" when hitching up, and to be fully un-wound when un hitching before releasing the handle.

Since then its been trouble free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts