alko tow ball

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi i've been given an alko 'extended' tow ball by a friend because my van has an alko 1300 stabiliser. However, on the ball it says it is for a 2700 model. Will it still be ok, it is not black like the ones you can buy now, but is sitll further out and up than standard tow balls.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The Alko 2700 was a predecessor of the 2004 which, in turn, has been replaced by the 3004. The overall dimensions of the coupling head has basically remained unchanged, though. The 1300 is their smaller model so anything that fits the larger will also have enough clearance for the 1300. Alko couplings require more clearance to the bumper than legal requirements. That's why they have a longer reach.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Alko ball also has a longer neck to allow for articulation of the coupling head.Swan neck towballs already have the desired length below the ball

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
The Alko ball also has a longer neck to allow for articulation of the coupling head.Swan neck towballs already have the desired length below the ball
Hi

Can you tell me why do alko surply a black painted ball when the recommend that you clean the paint off as the black paint damages the friction pads and the stabuliser will not work and when you do clean the paint of it keeps going rusty whitch also damages the pads. Why cant they surply a chrome swan neck as I am finding it hard to locate one .

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts