Alko towball / Shogun

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
I have had a problem with the noise caused between the tow ball and alko stabiliser and have had some good advice on this forum. I have now decided to buy an extended neck tow ball but am unsure whether this will cause a problem between the stabiliser and rear mounted spare wheel.

I cannot find details of how much longer the extended neck tow balls are in comparison to the standard ones.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I own a Pajero and the Alko hitch lever couldn't be raised fully with the rear door closed. By extended neck if you mean a swan neck towball I don't know how far they extend,sorry.

I overcame the problem by purchasing a spacer from the caravan dealers which they fitted and also by removing the red handle from the stabiliser.

The handle is kept in a box under the passenger seat and I just slip it over the forks of the stabiliser to engage it and then put it back in it's box.

One word of caution if you use this method. When you unhitch the caravan you slip the aforementioned red handle on and raise the stabiliser forks to disengage. When you've taken the red handle off again when you are winding down the jockey wheel to unhitch be careful that the raised stabiliser forks don't dig into the spare tyre. The trick is to lower a bit then gradually move the forks back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts