ALKO Towball vs Standard Towball

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm about to fit a towbar onto a Ford Mondeo Estate 04 and i was wondering whether to fit an ALKO Towball or a Standard Towball, basically can a ALKO towball be used with Standard hitches, i appreciate they cant be used the other way around.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Kevin,

It is my belief that both the Towballs are 50mm Diameter, the only real diferrence is the fact that the Al-Ko has an extended neck, to give the required clearance of the docking cover.

If the price of the towballs are similar, then I would fit the Al-Ko version for any future needs, just remember to wipe the grease off before using it on an Al-Ko hitch,

best regards, Martin

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Kevin,

It is my belief that both the Towballs are 50mm Diameter, the only real diferrence is the fact that the Al-Ko has an extended neck, to give the required clearance of the docking cover.

If the price of the towballs are similar, then I would fit the Al-Ko version for any future needs, just remember to wipe the grease off before using it on an Al-Ko hitch,

best regards, Martin
Cheers Martin, as I don't yet own a caravan and i'm just getting the car ready for the day when i can persuade my financial advisor (the Wife) to let me get a caravan, i'll take your advice and go ahead and fit the ALKO ball.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts