Alko Wheel lock

May 14, 2017
Visit site
So our Alko Wheel lock arrived today (the one with the lozenge wheel clamp) is there an easy way of fitting these with out having to move backwards and forwards with the van? Any hints and tips please?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't disengage the mover until I've got the lock on. If not using the mover it's helpful to have someone watching the wheel during final manoeuvres to get you lined up.

May 20, 2017
Visit site
kerbdog said:
So our Alko Wheel lock arrived today (the one with the lozenge wheel clamp) is there an easy way of fitting these with out having to move backwards and forwards with the van? Any hints and tips please?

Mine arrived on the 24th and I am well pleased with it, as you say a bit of a fiddle, took me about 5 mins, but worth it, it looks a good piece of kit.
Happy days.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
voyager14 said:
kerbdog said:

Mine arrived on the 24th and I am well pleased with it, as you say a bit of a fiddle, took me about 5 mins, but worth it, it looks a good piece of kit.
Happy days.

When the wheel is exactly lined up and you are used to it the time taken to fit or remove is about 30 seconds. ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
voyager14 said:
kerbdog said:

Happy days.

When the wheel is exactly lined up and you are used to it the time taken to fit or remove is about 30 seconds. ;)
Lady Squirrel said you're fast :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I found , by putting wheel chocks on the other side to the alko wheel lock, with the hand brake off and steadys off the ground, shake the jockey wheel left or right to alighned the alko lozenge.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
If I am on a paidmanaged site I never put the wheel lock on, sometimes I connect the hitch-lock (if I remember to do so).

I await chastisement :S

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
It's coming..... :)

It's you that won't be covered on your insurance if the worst should happen.

We used to store our caravan on a gold cassoa storage site and the little blighters still got in one day at stole 5 vans. Luckily not ours as we were away:angry:

Still at the end of the day each to their own and it's up to you :silly: :blink: :silly: :whistle:

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Changed caravans recently,needed a new ALKO lozenge.If you go onto the ALKO web site and then on line shop you can buy a lozenge only.The only thing is despite paying over the odds for a new lozenge you have to pay extra for the plastic moulding on the back of the lozenge - what tight gits Alko are.
Won't be buying from ALKO

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Same as Anseo, if I am on "site" I fit my tow hitch lock, but if I am on a ramp and cant fit the alko lock. , then fit my sas clamp to the other wheel. Though about buying the smallest lozenge size to give my self a lot of leewway. Qnyone Know if the No 1 size is the narrowest. .

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
And when you need a levelling device it gets worse.
My solution is a length of 4 X 2 chamferred at one end. Wheel overall dia x 3.14 divided by number of wheel spokes, plus a bit for a margin gives effective length needed. Add another wood strip on top if needed, but why go for absolute level attitude.
Drive onto timber until SWMBO says wheel position is OK and it's done. Who needs all these expensive and weighty gimmicks?

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
On our 3rd Alko lock now- 3 vans that is, and gave up using it years ago on site. I found it too difficult leveling and getting the bolt through using Milenco ramps. I told my insurers I don't use it and they told me to fit a standard wheel lock. I do use it in storage where leveling is not needed. (With the current one I even find the key that fits the bolt difficult to engage- the previous two were fine.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts