Alko wheel lock

Oct 21, 2018
Visit site
Can anybody let me know if they have had the same problem I have got with my alko wheel lock which is now permantly locked on to my bailey caravan due to the fact that the the socket that tightens the chassis bolt has completely shattered on the keyed part leaving me no way to remove the wheel lock bolt
The big problem is that the alko lock was bought 3 years ago second hand and there is( no id ) for the socket and no way of finding it as i know alko normally keep a record of the alko lock key no.
I would appreciate any help and advice with this problem.

Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
joeblogs said:
Can anybody let me know if they have had the same problem I have got with my alko wheel lock which is now permantly locked on to my bailey caravan due to the fact that the the socket that tightens the chassis bolt has completely shattered on the keyed part leaving me no way to remove the wheel lock bolt
The big problem is that the alko lock was bought 3 years ago second hand and there is( no id ) for the socket and no way of finding it as i know alko normally keep a record of the alko lock key no.
I would appreciate any help and advice with this problem.

Thanks
If the lock was de registered by the previous owner and you have the small “credit card “ sized card with the code you may be able to register it and then obtain a replacement keyed bolt tightener from Alko. Speak to them and seek their advice. Is the van CRIs registered in your name? This could help prove your credentials.

Oct 21, 2018
Visit site
There was no card with the code on when I received the lock and there is no way that can get the code.
I am cris registered but whether this will help i don,t know.
I was just asking to see if anybody else had the same problem and how they had solved the problem which at the moment has got me baffled has how to remove without brute force.
Thank you for replying so quick, it is appreciated.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
joeblogs said:
Could well be the only option if I don,t get any joy from alko tomorrow or my drills don,t work.
Thanks

I assume that if you are going to start drilling then you are considering using screw extractors (easy-outs), might be worthwhile investing in cobalt drill bits, if you shop around then they can be had at an acceptable price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWWUGGjLq0

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
But when you loose you wheel lock keys, and need to remove the lock then surely they, must have mobile engineers to carry out the job.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
But when you loose you wheel lock keys, and need to remove the lock then surely they, must have mobile engineers to carry out the job.
Un picking the lock isn't that difficult you can buy kits on Ebay and watch tutorials on YouTube. But the OP's bolt removing tool has broken an so he cannot undo the retaining bolt. But Alko may have master sets that they can use and perhaps a local approved Alko service centre may be able to help.

For what it is worth I never do the bolt up any more than hand tight with the handbrake on. I then drop the steadies before taking the handbrake off. But that isn't any help to the Op now. Hope he can get it sorted.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Joeblogs, siting at home nursing a cold, found this bit on ALKo's website,
If you have not registered and do not have the registration card:
If you have not registered your lock and have lost the registration card replacement keys cannot be provided.

If you have locked the device onto your van then please contact the AL-KO Service Department on 01926 818500. We will have to send one of our Service Engineers out to assess the situation and attempt removal of the device.

Please note that you may be required to pay for the callout, a new receiver, lock and possibly new brake parts if these are damaged due to the removal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts