AlKo wherl lock

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
When fit my 2 AlKo wheel locks by jacking or using a Lock n level l am getting a small amount of wheel movement as l lower the van back to the ground. I am concerned this could cause damage. Does anyone know if this is normal or ok please.

Thank you
Graham

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
When fit my 2 AlKo wheel locks by jacking or using a Lock n level l am getting a small amount of wheel movement as l lower the van back to the ground. I am concerned this could cause damage. Does anyone know if this is normal or ok please.

Thank you
Graham
When I put mine on I also jack it up but before letting the van to the ground I put the hand brake on. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Laser173
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
no it isn't the wheel moving it's the whole wheel and axle together-may be a teeny bit of wheel movement but it cant with that bolt through-the wheel and the axle and the alko holder threaded receiver are one and the same thing and as the suspension takes up the slack it looks like the wheel is moving-scared me at first.

Reactions: Laser173
Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
no it isn't the wheel moving it's the whole wheel and axle together-may be a teeny bit of wheel movement but it cant with that bolt through-the wheel and the axle and the alko holder threaded receiver are one and the same thing and as the suspension takes up the slack it looks like the wheel is moving-scared me at first.
That axle moving sounds scary, please get someone to check it out.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
That axle moving sounds scary, please get someone to check it out.
It's not the axle moving it's the big rubber bush on the end of the axle relaxing as weight of caravan supported by the jack, the wheel to wheel arch distance will be increased due to the swinging arm between axle bush and stub axle/hub if you jack up caravan to remove lock it would come out easily. Caravan suspension int it great lol

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I had a problem about 2 years ago on our single axle van.
Went to storage compound to collect caravan to go on holiday to find this.....20190826_132455.jpg

After 3 hours of "trying everything" a very kind member on here said"file the outside spline off the spare key and insert it to line up the splines"
It worked a treat,although I was only left with 1 working key.
I dont know why it happened but someone suggested that the van had moved since I had put the lock on.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It was the locks loading up as I lowered the van back down that was another reason to ditch them apart from the inordinate amount of faff required to fit them.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a problem about 2 years ago on our single axle van.
Went to storage compound to collect caravan to go on holiday to find this.....View attachment 728

After 3 hours of "trying everything" a very kind member on here said"file the outside spline off the spare key and insert it to line up the splines"
It worked a treat,although I was only left with 1 working key.
I dont know why it happened but someone suggested that the van had moved since I had put the lock on.
If your lock is registered with Alko then you will be able to source a replacement key via their associated lock maker. Lowe and Fletcher I think. If it’s not registered you should be able to register it assuming any previous registered owner has de-registered it. Time to buy Milenco or Purpleline 😂

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I think the Alko is about the height of security. But, yes it’s a faff. And a lot more than a faff for a twin axle, in fact, a pain

But when mine was new and I unpacked it, I threw away the black thin plastic ‘packaging’. Mistake, seems that that was supplied to protect alloy wheels! And they are about £15 to replace. I just stuck some felt furniture pads onto the sides of the unit. Works OK.

John

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
As you have done -I kept the thin plastic -but they do a terrible job of protecting the wheels so I always rotate the wheel to the same location ie same spokes which have vinyl wrapped and also put some felt pads on the thin black plastic-no more scratched alloys-and yes we have a twin axle and even with ep levelling they are the fastest things to fit-but you do feel they might do the job!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts