All Camping and caravan club sites closing immediate effect until futher notice

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The private site on which we have a seasonal pitch has just closed. We had already decided it was socially irresponsible to go there and the news was not unexpected. I imagine other sites will follow suit.
Stay safe
mel

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Good , just need the private ones to follow suit as we have some bookings we're obviously not going to and we don't particularly want to lose the full amount that we have already paid-if we have to it's a small price to pay I suppose, but we won't be thinking of them very highly with the situation as it is!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
My only argument with this is that our caravan is stored on one of their sites and the wardens tell me I will not have access to it until the site reopens. The site has barriers controlled by a plastic card that you place against the bollard. I can therefore get in and out without touching anything and basically I would like to move the caravan from time to time to protect the tyres. It is also due out for a service in June although at the moment I do not know if this is feasible.
It does seem to me that by preventing what is clearly safe access I am being disadvantaged for no good reason.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Whilst I fully understand and agree with the closures, are the clubs going to offer us a reduced rate at membership renewal time.
Both clubs offer other services apart from campsites.
They still have overheads to meet, their sites will still need maintenance and upgrades during the closure and it would be a tragedy if we lose more sites because of lack of funding.
C&CC membership costs from £40 per year, the C& MC from £54.
We're not exactly losing mega-bucks here are we?

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good , just need the private ones to follow suit as we have some bookings we're obviously not going to and we don't particularly want to lose the full amount that we have already paid-if we have to it's a small price to pay I suppose, but we won't be thinking of them very highly with the situation as it is!
The Woosies , were going to have a meet up at Waterrow, and they are closing as of today. Thankfully they are transferring deposites to other dates, even to next year if needed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree that I am happy to let them keep my fees if it helps them survive. I need the CAMH as we store the caravan on their site and if they go out of business we would have a major problem on our hands. For the few pounds involved I am not going to make a fuss.
In the short term whatever happens elsewhere, being retired it is saving us money. No site fees, very little fuel used, no trips out or meals out and nothing else to spend money on with shops shut, although with the supermarkets stopping offers the food is going to cost more and we did notice the butchers put their prices up last week.

Reactions: Guzzilazz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts