All Electric Orion

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
It seems all the furore went out of the Evo 4 debate in February.
Well I quite liked the concept.
Since we moved from motorhome to caravan several years back we've always used pitches with hook ups and I don't see that changing. We don't 'do' the Continent, we don't 'do' rallies and the only power outage we've had was caused by our own Remoska which was replaced FOC by Lakeland.
Our current Eriba doesn't have an oven, we don't carry a microwave and you can't shower in an Eriba. An Evo 4 gives us all those things. The MTPLM of the Evo is 50kg lighter than our Troll so we won't need to change cars, it's fixed double is 6ft 3ins rather than the uncomfortable 6ft 0ins of most current vans. It sounds just right for us and it's even £1,000 less than a standard Orion, rather than the £1,000 premium suggested earlier.

Only one problem, Bailey have adapted the wrong model. We want to be able to put our grandson to sleep on a lounge bench and on the 430 Evo that means we've only got the fixed double to sit on of an evening which is a bit limiting. The 440 with its dinette up the back would give us a proper seating area and if small isn't with us we can leave the dinette made up as a fixed double. Brilliant. So I've asked Bailey if they're bringing out a 440 version?

And for those that are interested I understand Leisure Sales (near Sandbach) have two stock Evo 4's and a demonstrator on order and they're being built in the next fortnight. So they should have one to look at in early May. I can't wait as people say the silver exterior and grey plastic trims look superb, far better than in photos.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Bailey research suggests that most of us do only use sites with a hook up and they have stated it is purely a test of public acceptability on the most popular Orion. If it succeeds they will make other models available next year.
I think this forum is populated largely by enthusiasts and there is a large body of people out there who may be attracted to the weight and cost saving but are not hooked on caravans as a hobby. Given it is a summer season van the basic heating should be OK and the problem with a power failure is remote. If it helps sell more caravans or brings more people into carvanning I do not see the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts