All season pitching

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
I am looking at leaving the caravan on site for the season to make it easier for regular weekends away. How would I find out what sort of costs i would be looking at? I would be looking possibly somewhere Hornsea, Withernsea coast

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We mainly just use CL's and CS's as and when we want in the area, in the summer using one in particular for 28 nights. Just had a brief look around websites and there aren't that many sites offering seasonal pitches in the area. Haven't managed to find any prices on line so looks like you would have to phone around and see. Don't forget you'll still be paying for the pitch when you take the van off for other holidays. Personally not an option I would go with as weekend set ups can be quite quick and then there's the flexibility of going to different sites along the coast to explore different areas for the weekend, coastal and inland.

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
The main reason is my hubby is the one who can tow, it's his van that he uses first work so I was thinking if it's sited then I can go in my car with the kids and leave him at home working. I've emailed a few in the area for a rough idea of prices.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Good luck. I'm sure plenty of people will be interested in the outcome. Keep an eye open for us in the area over half terms and the summer. Ours is a Blue D-Max Utah with a noisy dog and disability stickers of one sort and another all over it.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would look at the Caravansitefinder link below and check sites listed in the area you want. Find the ones that suit you and then check with them if they will do this and the cost. If you do you go for it you will need to inform your insurer and it may affect the premium.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Kaznamy
I have I just found my site for the season after a long search the way I went about it was to find the area I wanted to stay then had a look on the web for ALL the sites in that area I used uk campsites then went through the one's I was interested in then visited their website looked at what the had to :) offer I then emailed them for all the information first I asked if they allow seasonal tourers then price,,etc and the most important thing was for me which pitch would I be put on eventually we narrowed it down to 2 went and had a look with all the family it was just what we where looking for cant wait till the march 4 when we put it on site.
Ps we emailed about 20 sites so good luck by the way Google earth was a godsend

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry Folks, I dont think we could do the seasonal thing, we travel around, and enjoy doing that, going back to the same site all the time would ,IMO peeve me. But each to their own. Just enjoy.m :)

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
that's the best thing about a touring caravan you can go anywhere when ever you want at any time you want to but you always park it back up in storage or at home But this year I will be parking it on a site but will still be doing at least 10 wks touring as I would normally do :) meeting all the friends I have meet through camping and caravaaning over the years but I will have more wk ends away with the grandbrats as will never take them touring with me not till the are over 18yrs old and can buy their own beer :woohoo:

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
We are on a seasonal site, we are there for at least a couple of night most weeks (retired) but we still take it off site to go to France every year.
It doesn't have to be one thing or another ... it can be both.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are about to start our third season on a seasonal pitch. It has worked really well for us as we have used the van lots more than when we had to tow it off our drive on a Friday only to wrestle it back on again on Sunday, wondering if it was worth all the effort.
Not cheap and I am sure we will go back to touring when we both retire, but it suits us for now.
Mel

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
I've emailed a few just for a rough idea of price and it ranged from £600 to about £2500. I haven't looked properly at the sites, I just chose a few in the area I like for an idea. My next job is to buy the caravan and go and try a few out. I like the idea of leaving it on site so I can take the kids up for the weekend without having to have my husbands Isuzu as he uses it for work.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Your other option is to look for sites that do "store and pitch" This means you leave your van in storage there and then they tow it to the pitch when you are going to go there. You may for the storage, the pitch fees for the nights you are there and usually a towing on and off fee. It can work out cheaper than a seasonal if you are not going frequently. However it does mean planning ahead and you are not guaranteed a pitch, you have to go with availability with everyone else.
Mel

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Just an idea, but a friend of ours used a site that allowed them to leave the van for about £2/day, as it was left on a pitch ready for next time. Might be worth exploring if any sites allow that near you? So you could do it when you know you are going for a few weeks on the run? £2 a day when you weight up the fuel cost of a return trip is pretty good i thought. It was a new site that was just getting off the ground, so that might change when they get up and running to normal capacity, but they used to go every weekend.

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
My second year as a seasonal at the same location within walking distance to a beach in North Wales. Being our second year we had the ability to choose a pitch with better views and for less than a couple of pub meals have it towed from local storage next month. Working full time we and other family members get better use of the van and don't waste hours at the weekend stuck in traffic hold ups. Everyone to their own but it does work for us, cost about £2k per season.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts