Am I allowed to mention . . . .

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
motorhomes on the forum ?

We've just spent an excellent long weekend alongside my inlaws, who were away with us for the first time in their MH.

They have a 2.5 x 2.5 metre freestanding awning, which they can obviously drive away from and leave on the pitch.

At the back of the awning is a piece of material at roof level, that acts as a canopy to provide a bit of weather protection, between the awning and the MH.

There is a stitched beading in the outer edge of that piece of material, similar to that which we join our awnings to the side of the caravan with.

To drive away and leave the awning standing requires a system that is quick and easy to release or rejoin to/from the side of the MH.

There is nothing on the side of the MH to attach this piece of material to and no obvious sign of how to attach it.

They do have a few pieces of plastic "figure of eight", the same as we use to join our wheel arch cover to the draught skirt with, but again, no sign of how that would affix to the side of the MH.

Never having owned a MH myself, I'm wondering if there is something missing from their awning kit or if any of you have experienced this in the past, and would be kind enough to shed some light on it..... even if it's just to point me in the right direction of a good MH website.

Thanks.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Ken what they need is a strip of I think its called cauder/cawder???? tape (someone will correct me). It is like the strip of beading which is sewn onto your caravan awning but it has the beading on both edges. This is threaded into the awning rail of the motorhome and the figure of 8 strip is then threaded in turn onto the other beaded edge. The beaded edge of the motorhome awning is then slipped into the other edge of the figure of 8 strip. I know Khyam supply this system for their motorhome awnings so you will be able to look at their website. I hope this both makes sense and is helpful.

Iona

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts