Amazon and Visa Credit Cards

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Or it could mean positive negotiations are continuing and more time is required to agree the terms of a new deal between the parties. Business doesn’t always have to be confrontational.
I understand what you are saying, but seems a bit of a misunderstanding with me using the phrase "caved in" as from the point of the consumer that is what has happened. Either way good news for Amazon customers. :D

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We hung in there as did not want to change to Mastercard and we were not going to use a VISA debit card. Seems Amazon have caved in as possibly they were going to lose too many customers?

Email this morning read;

The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. 

Should we make any changes related to Visa credit cards, we will give you advance notice. Until then, you can continue to use Visa credit cards, debit cards, Mastercard, American Express, and Eurocard as you do today.

Thank you for being an Amazon customer.
More likely it's VISA that's reducing it's charges - but this isn't a done deal yet, it may simply be a delay.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
We have an Amazon Mastercard as our only credit card mainly because its one of the few cards to give rewards.
Absolutely everything we buy goes on the card, if the limit is close I transfer funds across, but generally speaking we get a £10 amazon gift card every couple of months.🙂

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We have an Amazon Mastercard as our only credit card mainly because its one of the few cards to give rewards.
Absolutely everything we buy goes on the card, if the limit is close I transfer funds across, but generally speaking we get a £10 amazon gift card every couple of months.🙂
Barclaycard Platinum gives rewards at certain retailers, eg 10% at Morrisons - the Amazon Platinum cashback is very low, just 0.25% unless at Amazon itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts