American travel trailers

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I declined the wifes kind offer to go shopping in Colchester with her and caught up with a missed episode of Caravan Finder TV from America.
Winabago had caravans on show in bright red, yellow and green as opposed to our mainly white vans. Also on show was a caravan which had one and a half decks similar to one that I have seen, from I think was the thirties, and weighed 3700 miro and 4800 mtplm. We do not think we have a normal vehicle in this country that could tow it fully laden.
I am looking forward to the next episode which is also from the American show to see what else they have.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Frinton Mike,

We went to same show as Graham from Caravan Finder and saw the Winnie your describe. Very bright!

We had a bit of discussion about American trailers on the forum the other week here. Fascinating market over there, but there is no 85% rule and the load-distributing hitch systems in use over there stop the noseweights (or tounge weights to use the US vernacular) getting too out of control

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
85% rule

Cheers

Nigel, I am sure you have followed the many threads relating to 85%. May I remind you that it is not a rule, it is only a guideline and by calling it a 'rule' it has grown in the minds of many people to vastly more important than it actually is.
Please will you try to refer to it only as a guideline in future?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......believe it or not I only know of one person who is obliged to use Prof John L vernacular.
The rest of us, most of whom do not have a doctorate, can easily understand for ourselves the meaning of Nigel's words.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts