Amsterdam or surrounding area

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello helpful people
Can anyone make a recomendation for a touring caravan trip to Amsterdam area in April. We are a family that includes two children aged 5 and 10yrs. No pets.
We would like to see the bulb fields and take the children to the City for a guided tour of the waterways etc.
Ideally we would like to be based no more than 10 miles from the city centre but this is flexible.

Many Thanks in advance

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you got the ACSI Camping Card and Books because thats where you can find good campsites at a very reasonable price. Cannot give you an exact campsite as never stopped right near to Amsterdam.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think being based only 10 mins from the centre of Amsterdam could be a bit of a tall order, Last year we stayed here http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/camping_het_amsterdamse_bos.htm which has reasonable transport links to the centre. There is another campsite called Camping Gaasper which might be a bit nearer. If you are going in April I would try and get to the Keukenhof Gardens which are superb. Alternatively you could stay here http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/camping_koningshof.htm which is right in the bulbfields with easy access to Keukenhof and of course you could get to Amsterdam from the local station.

David

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi there we stayed at Camping Zeeburg last May which was a short walk to a tram terminus and the tram took you right to the centre of Amsterdam, the camp site was very well organised and facilities were very clean. I do not know how near to the bulbfields it is but can thoroughly recomeend the site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
10 miles from Amsterdam could be a challenge, that part of the Netherlands is pretty built up/urban. We've stopped at Duinrell a couple of times and got the Park and Ride into Amsterdam from Sloterdijk. From what I recall it was around 25 minutes drive to the P&R then approx 15 minutes on the train into the centre of Amsterdam. Duinrell isn't for everyone as it's basically a theme park that incorporates a caravan site within its grounds, so if you're not into theme parks you'll find it busy and expensive but both my kids loved it. It was nice having a day around the site & theme park followed by a day in Amsterdam.

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

Just returned from a two week break in Europe and found this site which was based around a 15 minute bus ride from the centre of Amsterdam. The bus pickes you up from the campsite gates and a return pass costs 10 Euros for adults and 3 Euros for a child. The trip takes about 15-20 minutes due to bus lanes where a car would take for ever and parking in the city itself runs out at about 30 euros a day!

http://www.campinghetrietveen.nl/index.php?lang=english

The site also has great cycling routes within a few hundred metres that you could cycle straight into the centre if you wished. Other cycle routes take you out into a park which is a fantastic open area for families and you can spend the whole day without seeing cars.

The small village in which this campsite is situated has a few great eating places including three takeaway places Thai Pizza and Sushi. The Thai was probably the best.

The campsite itself is a turn up and select your own pitch all with electric hook up. There are four showers in a block which have a good supply of hot water. The only down side is there is no reception on site. A lady who lives at the enterance of the site comes along to make sure your ok and takes the money from you at the end of your stay. The site overlooks a lake and is in a very quiet location with no road noise etc.

For anyone who is looking for a base to visit the centre of Amsterdam this site is great. Anyone want anymore information please get in touch.

It is ACSI registered.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS