May 11, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a camp site in the Annecy area please , were looking at 2 weeks at the beginning of July, we like to be near enough to walk for a beer or a meal if poss.

Also should we book at this time of year?

I know its a bit late but our daughter is having twins and the due date falls at the time we were due to go to St Remy and we cant change dates because there booked the whole of July and Aug

Thanks in anticipation

Maddy

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
We met a couple last year who sang the praises of Annecy. Did some researching and came to the conclusion that Annecy got crowded in high season, driving became nose to tail convoy situation rather like the Lake District here. So we settled on a site on Lac Aiguebelette - supposed to have the same scenery and to be the warmest lake in the area. Have a look at www.camping-le-curtelet.com to get an idea. I know this is not Annecy but it is fairly close and we intend to explore any rail links.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Madeleine,

We are making our 2nd visit to Camping La Ravoir www.camping-la-ravoire.fr near Doussard.

Its at the South end (much quieter) of the lake. Its a family run small site with an excellent pool and spotless facilities. We have booked again this year for 2 1/2 weeks in July.

Whilst in the area we checked out other sites like Camping Europa but they are all by the main road which is very noisy.

La Ravoir is right next to the fantastic cycle track the runs around the lake and is far enough from the main road to be very peaceful.

True, the roads around Annecy can get very busy in high season but the Alps are huge and from the South end you can head anywhere without having to go near Annecy itself. Annecy is a lovely town and worth a visit, but get there before 11 am or after 3.30pm and you'll have little trouble with traffic or parking. The South end has some fantastic lake beaches with safe bathing areas and diving boards.

Finally I would definatley recommend La Ravoir, Its clean, tidy, safe for the kids and has excellent facilities, a small shop and bar / ice cream area. You wont find entertainment that so many French sites seem to think everybody wants and its generally lights out by 9.30!!

Maybe we'll see you there. You will need to book though!

Any more info, just ask.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Madeleine,

We are making our 2nd visit to Camping La Ravoir www.camping-la-ravoire.fr near Doussard.

Its at the South end (much quieter) of the lake. Its a family run small site with an excellent pool and spotless facilities. We have booked again this year for 2 1/2 weeks in July.

Whilst in the area we checked out other sites like Camping Europa but they are all by the main road which is very noisy.

La Ravoir is right next to the fantastic cycle track the runs around the lake and is far enough from the main road to be very peaceful.

True, the roads around Annecy can get very busy in high season but the Alps are huge and from the South end you can head anywhere without having to go near Annecy itself. Annecy is a lovely town and worth a visit, but get there before 11 am or after 3.30pm and you'll have little trouble with traffic or parking. The South end has some fantastic lake beaches with safe bathing areas and diving boards.

Finally I would definatley recommend La Ravoir, Its clean, tidy, safe for the kids and has excellent facilities, a small shop and bar / ice cream area. You wont find entertainment that so many French sites seem to think everybody wants and its generally lights out by 9.30!!

Maybe we'll see you there. You will need to book though!

Any more info, just ask.
Been there twice now and agree with Litespeed.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Madeleine

We went to Annecy last year and it is a beautiful lake and general area. I imagine it could get very busy as has been said, but as we were there at the beginning of May the site we stayed on was deserted but for us! I have looked on the internet and the site is coming up, but only in French. However, if you click on the categories on the left it will give you some photos. The site is well elevated with wonderful views of the lake, spotless facilities, small shop etc. The pool is across the road from the main camping area so it is not too noisy.

www.le-panoramic.com.

Before we found this site we drove round a couple which were right on the lakeside but they did not appeal and I imagine in high season they could be very noisy.

May 10, 2006
Visit site
Going back in July/August to La Ravoire for the 3rd year running. We love it there as it has everything for us as a family, who don't like the big noisey sites.

The cycle way is our chosen mode of transport, but also use the lake a lot with canoes.

There is also a lot to see to the southern end of the lake away from the traffic and short drive takes you into the high mountains.

Hi Simon - how's the training for the etape going?

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Madeleine

We went to Annecy last year and it is a beautiful lake and general area. I imagine it could get very busy as has been said, but as we were there at the beginning of May the site we stayed on was deserted but for us! I have looked on the internet and the site is coming up, but only in French. However, if you click on the categories on the left it will give you some photos. The site is well elevated with wonderful views of the lake, spotless facilities, small shop etc. The pool is across the road from the main camping area so it is not too noisy.

www.le-panoramic.com.

Before we found this site we drove round a couple which were right on the lakeside but they did not appeal and I imagine in high season they could be very noisy.
Hi chrissylizzie

Tried to find this site but the webb address is for a site in Corsica, is it me or could there be another spelling?

Thanks for the help

Maddy

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sean,

We'll see you at La Ravoir, Bikings go well, new bike - not so well!

Ive sent you a mail to your Hotmail address.

La Ravoir, You cant go wrong!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts