Annoying 'Future' pop-up

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Help ParksyDamian

If you click on the 'Privacy settings' tab on lower right of screen on WIN10, one will get a pop-up message having the follow text:

FUTURE
We value your privacy

We and our partners use technology such as cookies on our site to personalise content and ads, provide social media features, and analyse our traffic. Click below to consent to the use of this technology across the web. You can change your mind and change your consent choices at anytime by returning to this site.
Show Purposes

Powered by
Quantcast - GDPR Consent Solution

I have just installed https://duckduckgo.com/ and https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/07/privacy-possum-is-privacy-badger-on-steroids/ in an attempt to limit tracking and access to my private data.

What happens now is that 'FUTURE PUBLISHING's' Privacy Policy pops up at every new page topic that opens, bit of a nuisance really, I used to set the Privacy Policy to reject all and this did not cause the Privacy Policy to repeatedly show itself during a single site visit.

Any help folks?

Thanks.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry cannot help, I set to reject all and just have the small Privacy Settings tab at the bottom of the page.
It does not open up unless I click on it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The repeat pop ups are probably due to software that you've installed.
To protect my privacy I disabled all tracking cookies from the pop up when it first appeared.
Annoyingly the pop up re-appears whenever I log in, so I click on 'Show Purposes' below the Accept box, and from there I click on Save, which keeps the tracking disabled.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Parksy,

I can confirm that Privacy Possum would appear to be the programme responsible, strange that it does not cause similar effects on other 'Future' sites privacy policy(s).

Cheers,
John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts