Annual Service

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Taff said:
I took a chance by using a friend who has been in the caravan business for over 20 years but cannot aftord the cost of NCC membership. I have the peace of mind that he does a full service. I have had my caravan from new. Had some damp near the front window that cost me £100 to repair.

Hello Taf,
If you contract your friend to undertake any servicing or repairs to your caravan (Paid or not), he cannot work on the gas piping or appliances unless he is currently registered for LPG in caravans. Without that registration a contractor is breaking the law if he works on them.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
We have had our van serviced today by the caravanmedic from swindon for £163 plus parts, I think that is good value
always surprised just how much they check. We can at least relax now that everything is working and we can go away not having to worry.

Steve

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
My Caravan had it's Annual Service yesterday by the above and I
must recommend this company. Everything was done in a very professional and clean manner, and advice, suggestions, and all questions answered. Observations were also made with regards to the previous Annual Service of the "overlooking" and bad practice of certain points as done last year by another company. This was not done with any "Green Eye" but with concern for myself. I was shown these points.
Thoroughly recommend.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There may be another reason for having an annual service particularly from an Approved Workshop. Insurance policies for overseas travel often require that the caravan has been serviced to schedule and this would be somewhat difficult to prove if you do it yourself.

I also understand there may be some difficulty in getting certain parts e.g. one shot wheel nuts unless you are 'trade'.

Personally i have been very happy with my local AWS establishment and will continue to use them after the caravan maker changed the original requirement from 'dealer only' service.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, missed a bit !!! at the bottom.
My Caravan had it's Annual Service yesterday by the below and I
must recommend this company. Everything was done in a very professional and clean manner, and advice, suggestions, and all questions answered. Observations were also made with regards to the previous Annual Service of the "overlooking" and bad practice of certain points as done last year by another company. This was not done with any "Green Eye" but with concern for myself. I was shown these points.
Thoroughly recommend
camelco - the caravan clinic
07973 178 449
www.camelco.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts