another first time overseas!!!

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate this must get boring for you lot - but im venturing to france in august and im using the camping chqs ordered from alan rogers -
im planning on 2 sites L’Orée du Bois 21st - 28th aug and les brunelles28- 4th sept
i have phoned them both and les brunelles says that i dont need to book and just turn up i will be fine - whereas loree du bois want a 25 euro booking fee to reserve a pitch now?
the question is do i really need to book loree du bois - or do i risk just turning up on the 22d aug and hope they have a pitch free?
as this is a family holiday and my first time abroad i want it all to run smoothly but not sure what to do for the best
any help from experienced travellers would be much appreciated
carl

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I assume they accept Camping Cheques that early? If so I expect its worth the risk, particularly if you can arrive as early as possible, say around lunchtime. You could always ring on the day of arrival to find out what space they have. Just a word of warning about doing that, don't give any details as it has been know for a few sites to take a telephone booking as a firm booking and apply the reserve fee! Best to ask if they have space and say you will think about it without committing yourself. Have you a plan B?

David

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
thanks david yes i have checked they accept camping cheques from the 21st -
but not sure if it is worth the risk in not booking - would i still have to pay the 25 euro booking fee if just turn up or is that just for an advanced booking?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts