another 'I should know the answer 'but I don't ,question

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
I have a shiny new van (Abbey GTS Vouge)with a shiny new porch awning.

I need to fit the press studs for the wheel arch wind brake.

Do I need to know anything or do I just screw were approprate.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
I wouldn`t recomend screwing anything in ya van. Holes will have to be completly sealed and you may invalidate your warrenty!

I used white sticky backed velcro, 1 side stuck to the van the other to the wheel skirt. Looks a bit funny when ya up close without the awning on, but saved me making more holes in my aging van!

Check with the suppling dealer before making any holes, they probably have a glue of some kind to stick the poppers on with.

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I had a pair of rubber suction type (like those kids bow and arrow) many years ago I wonder if they still make them. They used to work well may be an awninnig suplier may have the answer.

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I had a pair of rubber suction type (like those kids bow and arrow) many years ago I wonder if they still make them. They used to work well may be an awninnig suplier may have the answer.
or better still an Awning supplier, Im geting tired and Yawning time for bed to many psellign msiatkes

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike, whatever you do, DO NOT put ANY kind of screw fixing through the GRP panels on the GTS Vogue, you will IMMEDIATELY invalidate the warranty.

I have a GTS Vogue and for the wheel arch cover, put eyelets in the cover, at suitable spacings, and use suction cup hooks to attach to the van and hook the eyelets on the hooks.

Remove the hooks before travelling!!!!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Thanks guys. I was not comfortable with press studs ( which were supplied with the awning) hence the question.

The suction Hook idea is so logical when you think of it.

Thanks again

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Suction hooks will work well on smooth surfaces, eg flat aluminium or flat grp but they won't work at all on ridged or dimpled surfaces which many caravans have on their walls. In this case the stick-on velcro patches seems to be the best answer.

Some caravans have such a low wheel arch and a small clearance around the tyre that omitting the arch cover altogether has little disadvantage as long as the skirt is fitted to cover the main gap..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts