Another Newbie question

Aug 22, 2024
Visit site
We are thinking of a caravan that has a toilet and shower in the same space BUT …we intend to stay at caravan parks….UK and France that have shower facilities that are clean and tidy…….so we won’t be using the shower in our caravan ……which is likely to be a Bailey 420 2 berth………does anyone have a viewpoint ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It is totally your own personal choice, we use the shower in our van all the time, sod all that carrying towels and shampoo across the site, invariably getting dressed above a wet floor. We try to use site toilets during the day.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Only you can decide what works best for you. Personally I went for a seperate shower as I didn't fancy sitting on a wet toilet with my feet in a puddle after Mrs Beardy had her shower. We stay mostly at cl's, many of which don't have shower facilities so our use is very different to your planned use. Even when the site has showers Mrs Beardy prefers to use the one in the caravan, I use the site shower as long as it isn't one of the electric ones that dribble on you.

Aug 22, 2024
Visit site
Only you can decide what works best for you. Personally I went for a seperate shower as I didn't fancy sitting on a wet toilet with my feet in a puddle after Mrs Beardy had her shower. We stay mostly at cl's, many of which don't have shower facilities so our use is very different to your planned use. Even when the site has showers Mrs Beardy prefers to use the one in the caravan, I use the site shower as long as it isn't one of the electric ones that dribble on you.
Okay…thanks…good info…

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a Bailey with combined toilet and shower. The shower curtain sealed the toilet off so it didn’t get wet. Yet on a Swift the shower curtain rail did not separate the toilet from the shower. Small details to watch out for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardy and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also had a end washroom in our caravan my wife preferred that i like the Disabled facilities at a site there was more room for me to move about and i could sit down on a chair when using a shower ,it suited my needs more .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I should have mentioned our shower is separate to the toilet, we have an end bathroom,, I wouldn't really want the toilet inside the shower.
I suppose a brisk walk across to the shower block, in your wellies or crocks on a snowy morning will waken you up though.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our rear bathroom contains a self contained shower unit on the opposite side to the toilet. No wet toilets for us. We use our own facilities most of the time especially on CLs. Equally a lot of people never use their own facilities. Very much a personal choice.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
We are thinking of a caravan that has a toilet and shower in the same space BUT …we intend to stay at caravan parks….UK and France that have shower facilities that are clean and tidy…….so we won’t be using the shower in our caravan ……which is likely to be a Bailey 420 2 berth………does anyone have a viewpoint ?
I found shower good but bathroom was to small to dry off and get changed, ended up in main cabin.

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
We have a fair sized end shower room with a good sized shower so we use that most of the time.
Our son has a separate shower and toilet in his TA. The shower is used for storage but is always available for use if needed, as in all things it is what works for you that matters.

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
Our caravan has a toilet but not a shower. We manage very well, mainly using site facilities and use the caravan toilet for overnight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts