Another sky sat tv question?

Mar 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.

We are getting sky+ tomorrow and I would like to have it when we go off with our caravan.

We have seen the aldi sat kits aswell as others but as I have 2 spare sky dishes already (1 on the side of our house which the engineer will be swapping for a brand new 1, and another from my old house) and loads of cable, then I take it I can just take my new sky+ box with me and just plug it in when we get on site?

Is it really that easy?

Thanks in advance for any help. Greg.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Greg,

Providing you have a double or quad LNB on the end of your dish your Sky+ will work fine as you need two cables from the dish to go into ports one and two on the back of your digibox.

If you only have the standard single LNB on your dish you can still use your Sky+ box but you won't be able to record, you should attach the coax from the sky dish into port one on the back of your digibox.

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)

Mar 30, 2008
Visit site
Great.

I dont think I would need to record anything, if I did then tough, saves paying out if the equipment i've got will do the job.

Wouldnt it damage the sky+ box if I was to take it though?

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Greg,

It won't damage your Sky+ box unless you drop it but remember your Sky+ box is connected to the phone line in your house, every now and again sky will send your digi box a signal down the phone line if it detects your box is not connected to a phone line it will stop sending the satelite signal to your box. Before they stop the signal I belive a letter is sent first to see if there is a problem, so I think a two week holiday should be ok just when you get back home plug it back into the phone line.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
G&C you might get a shock the Sky engineer may not install a new dish they are not required to put a new one up they may just use your old dish and change the LNB (the bit at the end of the arm ) if so get the old LNB from the engineer (its yours anyway NOT theres )then get your old box dish from your old house OR ask the sky guy he might have an old dish in his van for

Mar 30, 2008
Visit site
My plan was to get an LMB off ebay for 1 of the old dishes anyway if we decided to run it as sky+ in the van, and as there cheap as chips its not a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts