ants ants ants

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well here it is, We are having serious trouble with red ants, today coming out to fly and so many eggs under their mounds.

We don't want them migrating to the van, any suggestions, shop bought stuff hasn't worked.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you do not mind killing them - then boiling water is most effective but you will have to repeat. Better than the chemicals certainly.

The "flight" ususally only lasts a day or two. You can put a plastic sheet down to "direct" them away from where you do not want them to be.

Needs to be plastic as I tried a sheet of newspaper once as it was all I had on me and they just ate it.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Marie

Try spraying them with flea spray intended for dogs and or cats. If they are congrigating in a particular area, spray the area with flea spray too. Works for me everytime.

Lisa.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Try buying some basil plants. They do work and have the added bonus that you can use some of the leaves in salad etc. To quote a well known saying " They don't like it up em". I've been using basil for a couple of years both at home and in the van and had no truble since.

Colin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts