any idea ferry costs

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
looking at taking our bailey senator 6 series abroad

in summer

does anybody know how mush it would cost to take across on ferry

we have an mitsubishi l200 animal and the shipping lengh of the van is 7.89 m (25 ft 9 inch)

any ideas

thanks

simon

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
If you are in the caravan club or the camping & caravan club they will give you discounts for the ferries.

You will get your membership back the first time you book a ferry

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Simon

I have just done a quick check on the CC website,I have used dates 2-16 August and short ferry crossings are coming out at about

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It's going to be difficult to answer your query without knowing which route, what days and times there and back.

If it's going to be the shortest crossing from Dover to Calais, you could try putting your details in the P&O website or the Seafrance website for starters, just to get a rough indication, but you may get cheaper deals through the clubs. You need to shop around.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon

We have booked with Norfolk Line Dover/Dunkerque thru CC. Out in May back June 10am sailings both ways. Car/caravan/passengers [Toyota Landcruiser/Abbey GTS Vogue]

G

Most ferry companies have websites that allow for online bookings so you can enter your dates and get a quote. You can then 'play' the day of the week as this can often make a significant difference.

The various Clubs do offer good deals, but sometimes are restrictive in dates and times to get the best costs. Bluntly I would rather pay a few extra pounds for some comfort. By the way, if it is a long crossing such as Hull- Holland etc, do not take the reclining chairs. These are designed to give you instant back pain and can make a night trip last a lifetime. Pay for the cabin and relax.

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi there thanks for all your replys

the only thing that was really bothering me was the lengh of my jeep and caravan as the caravan has a shipping lengh of

7.89 m / 25.9 ft

would this increase the cost greatley

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Simon

You need to look at the various web sites to find the size categories they offer. Some have an "up to 8 metres" category. My 'van is 7.3 metres and falls into this category and I have booked a return with Norfolk line (through Caravan Club)for

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Giovanni - we haven't been with Norfolk line before. We arrive about midnight - is the "nice big carpark at Dunkirk" OK to stay overnight?

Keith

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
I agree with Barry, use the tunnel and pay with Tesco vouchers. That way it will cost you nothing as the vouchers come free anyway. We've used them for the last three years.

Malcolm

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Kieth j. sorry for the delay.

Yes its fine because the ferry port is well away from anything else.

Basically you de embark follow signs for leaving till you come to a roundabout where you can turn at into the entrance.

If you turn in wrong [to the return area] no matter they will let you out.

Feb 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Simon

Since you've obviously got access to the internet, the best thing is to shop around on-line. I've booked with Norfolk Line from Dover to Dunkerque at the beginning of July and I have a Vectra SRI towing an Eldiss Avante (shipping length 22'10") and it cost me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts