Any suggestions for sites in the Netherlands

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Hope you can suggest a good/reasonable site to visit in the Netherlands. We were looking to stay South West of Amsterdam, as close to the beach as possible,

Thanks in advance!

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
We have just come back from a very enjoyable week at Duinrell nr Wassennar. Just north of the Hague.

It does depend on what you want from a site but if you are looking for a good central position for South Holland, lots of facilities then this would be a good choice.

There is an excellent theme park adjacent to the site and one of europe's biggest indoor water parks, so if you have kids it's ideal as the entrance price is included in the pitch fee. I thought the theme park was much better than anything in the UK with lots of rides for younger children as well things for adults and older children

I must admit we didn't take our own caravan as it worked out cheaper to hire a static through Keycamp (something to do with the strange school easter holidays this year i think). As far as I could see, there were 2 touring fields, one very central and rather surrounded by statics, and the other a bit further out (this would have been my choice).

My guess is that the site could be a bit busy and noisy in high season, but off season, if you want lots to do it's a good choice.

It's an easy cycle ride to a lovely sandy beach (about 30mins) or about 5 mins in the car.

Jerry

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
We're booked into the Koningshof site through the caravan club at the end of May. I can let you know what it's like when I return.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we went last year and its a great site. pools and parks for the kids. good resturants and clean showers. we are going to their sister site in delft in oct this year. you should all have a great time. if you take your car to amsterdam about 20 min drive you park underground a fantastic football stadium and catch a tram in for about 4 euros park and ride

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Well, we've had 3 nights at Konngshof so far and I'm impressed by the site. The indoor pool in fairly small but it's always been quiet when we've gone in - usually around 11:00 for an hour or so. The weather hasn't been good enough for the outside pool but hopefully it's going to get better. The pitches are set out in groups of 4 so you share a very large pitch with 3 others - a good mix of nationalities too.

And it's got free Wi-Fi thrown in. The nearby beaches (3 to 5 Km) are very pleasant and reachable by bike.

So far so good. And for someone else who asked, it's easy to stop at the ferry port in Harwich. We arrived at about 11pm and asked where we could park. They directed us over to a fence at the side of the queuing area and we had a good 7 hours sleep.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Beware towing in Holland. The Dutch Police require that the breakaway cable on the 'van is compliant with Dutch law - it must be attached to the towbar, hooked round the ball is not acceptable. Not fitted like that and its an on-the-spot (_50?) fine - and they sit outside the ferry terminal in wait......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts