ANYBODY "DUNE" THIS?

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone I need some more of your advice please.We have booked the Tunnel for next March again and intend to spend some time in April on tha Atlantic Coast near Bordeaux.Some of the sites we have seen are close to the BIGGEST SAND DUNE in Europe and they appear to have very steep sloping piitches.Have any of you any experience of this?Also there seem to be lot of Pine trees around so does this mean those b....y catepillars are a problem.We spent April and May this year at El Campello and didnt see any of the pests.The only thing we had was ONE TICK on one dog but maybe we were just lucky.We are getting nervous again after reading a previous post on here!!!!!

Sandra(THURSDAYS CHILD)

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
We stayed in this area a few years ago and there were no problems with steeply sloping pitches or caterpillars. The big danger is the very tall pine trees and their enormous pine cones! The squirrels would pull the cones off the top of the tree, nibble on them briefly and then drop them. Fresh pine cones are quite heavy and we ended up with several bad dents in the roof of the caravan and on the car. The Dune de Pyla is well worth a visit.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
We stayed in this area a few years ago and there were no problems with steeply sloping pitches or caterpillars. The big danger is the very tall pine trees and their enormous pine cones! The squirrels would pull the cones off the top of the tree, nibble on them briefly and then drop them. Fresh pine cones are quite heavy and we ended up with several bad dents in the roof of the caravan and on the car. The Dune de Pyla is well worth a visit.
Many thanks for your help.I think we will take our hardhats and some squirrel insurance.Do the rest of the wildlife know that World War 11 is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Sandra,

We found the large pine cones in Spain, collected the seeds from them and planted them in potting compost when we returned home. Fascinating for youngsters - though what you do with umpteen potentially forty foot pine trees is another matter altogether.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Sandra,

We found the large pine cones in Spain, collected the seeds from them and planted them in potting compost when we returned home. Fascinating for youngsters - though what you do with umpteen potentially forty foot pine trees is another matter altogether.
Hi Mike,thanks for the suggestions I really didnt realise that the Spanish Pines could grow over here.However the problem is WHAT ABOUT THOSE PESKY CATERPILLARS?We were on the Costa Blanca from March to May of this year and I never set eyes on one and believe me with 2 tiny Pomeranians in tow I REAllY LOOKED.Have you ever seen these critters?

Sandra (THURSDAYS CHILD)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike,thanks for the suggestions I really didnt realise that the Spanish Pines could grow over here.However the problem is WHAT ABOUT THOSE PESKY CATERPILLARS?We were on the Costa Blanca from March to May of this year and I never set eyes on one and believe me with 2 tiny Pomeranians in tow I REAllY LOOKED.Have you ever seen these critters?

Sandra (THURSDAYS CHILD)
I've lived while on holiday for probably more than 5 years in France, and have never seen these caterpillars!

TRENDING THREADS