Anyone else braving it on the roads today???

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We shall be off to Newlands Holiday Park in Dorset by about 2pm today. Not looking forward to it in this wind and rain and certainly not relishing putting the big awning up with just my OH as our son will be assisting his grandparents putting up their drive away awning. I have been told we are mad for going away this weekend as it's the coldest March for 50 years ... well, we have paid for our holiday and I am certainly not going to let our hard earned cash go to waste! What will be, will be and we have all the comforts of home in our caravan - coupled with a large warm awning I am sure we will be fine (she says crossing fingers tightly!). Of course, whether the leopard print onesie makes an appearance on my Mum this week happens ... well, that remains to be seen (and photograped!!!). Happy Easter to you all and if you are going away today, or indeed at any point during the Easter break, happy and safe towing and enjoy yourselves. Lisa, John and Luke x

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Have a safe journey Lisa and enjoy Charmouth
smiley-laughing.gif

When we went a few years agot the site staff were friendly and helpful, they might give you a hand with the kite awning

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We were due to go down to Whitewater Park to visit relatives but cancelled earlier when we saw the weather warnings. Checked the BBC web site and are glad we did as M74 difficult near Lockerbie and A66 is closed near Brough and strong winds, so may not have made it if we set off.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi as soon as work ends at 5pm, heading home to pick up the girls then off to Charity Farm caravan park, Lancashire.

Its only about 25 miles and my thought as yours, Ive paid so im going lol.

I think as with any driving in this weather take it easy, no rush and leave plenty of braking distance. get there eventually then the kids can build a snow man while i set up lol.

Its the better halfs birthday on sunday and i keep thinking back to the same weekend last year when we were sat in deckchairs outside a pub with a long cold pint whilst bathing in sunshine, this year im taking the thermals.

safe journey
Cheers
John

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Lisa let us know what the weather is like when you arrive in Dorset.
We are going to Bristol from North Essex next Thursday and I am praying that the snow forecast for north Essex this weekend goes before Thursday

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Good luck to all of us I think! we're off to Broadhembury in Kent this coming Wednesday, with large awning to put up on arrival. But like most people, my feelings are 'I've worked for it, so I'm going', plus I've paid for train tickets to London and a Ducktour whilst there! Too expensive NOT to go.
Enjoy - what ever you're doing.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Here in N. Norfolk (rallying since last Friday) weather - not a bad week,but now - gusty wind, cold, but no sign of precipitation (yet?)........... Don't have awning up, but a few around have, and look to be flapping fair amount, good luck to 'em! awnings aren't compulsory!
Home Sunday, out again Friday when summer will have begun?????

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lisa - I hope you're using Camping Cheques (www.campingcheque.co.uk) which are accepted at Newlands from from 15/02/2013 to 23/05/2013, again from 03/06/2013 to 18/07/2013 and then from 02/09/2013 to 09/11/2013 and will cost just £13.95 per night, which covers your pitch, car and caravan, awning and electricity. Even better you get 7 nights for the price of 6 or 14 nights for the price of 11.
If it's too late for Lisa, then this might interest others who are intending to visit this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes we're braving it on the roads today. 17C bright overcasst going to full sun later we think. Roads very quiet. We are, though, in SE Spain.
(Sorry, but I couldn't resist)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely terrifying not been so scared on roads in our lives, and we are passengers in an old Morris Oxford near Bhopal with no aircon and temps in high 30s!!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
OOOOPS ... sorry all - I completely forgot I'd posted this until now! Thanks for all your comments and apologies if you thought I was being rude by not replying. What are camping cheques and how do you get hold of them please? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts