Anyone had dealings with Spinney Cheshire

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
We have been off the forum for a while, but just wanted to know if anybody has had dealings with Spinney, looking to P/Ex VIP for a new coachman.
Is it true new caravans do not come with a Battery, if so i will move my existing battery over if we proceed.

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
We bought a new caravan this year and took the battery from the old one with no problem
I was told by spinney that a battery was not provided so I purchased one on line and dropped it in to spinney so that they could fit it as they were fitting me a motor mover. Day of collection came and I was told they’d put a battery on so I could take mine with me. I made them put my battery on and told them I didn’t want the battery they had supplied. I could’ve saved myself £100. Yes I could’ve sold the other battery but I felt vexxed that they told me no battery then put one on.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was told by spinney that a battery was not provided so I purchased one on line and dropped it in to spinney so that they could fit it as they were fitting me a motor mover. Day of collection came and I was told they’d put a battery on so I could take mine with me. I made them put my battery on and told them I didn’t want the battery they had supplied. I could’ve saved myself £100. Yes I could’ve sold the other battery but I felt vexxed that they told me no battery then put one on.
Apart from some top end caravans with self levelling the battery isn’t normally fitted. It isn’t included in MIRO.

I’d see it as a nice, albeit belated gesture by the dealership. I’d have tried to see if they could have taken their battery back and offered me something else. Even a credit voucher would have been acceptable.

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Apart from some top end caravans with self levelling the battery isn’t normally fitted. It isn’t included in MIRO.

I’d see it as a nice, albeit belated gesture by the dealership. I’d have tried to see if they could have taken their battery back and offered me something else. Even a credit voucher would have been acceptable.
They priced me a battery at £175. I said I will get my own and paid £100. Paying 40k for a caravan you’d have thought they’d have thrown it in. I’m not one for anything free but sometimes it’s not free even if they say it’s free. Nothings free in my world and someone always wants something for it so I don’t ask. My problem I suppose and yes I should’ve asked but if it’s not offered then it tells me a lot about the person or business.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
They priced me a battery at £175. I said I will get my own and paid £100. Paying 40k for a caravan you’d have thought they’d have thrown it in. I’m not one for anything free but sometimes it’s not free even if they say it’s free. Nothings free in my world and someone always wants something for it so I don’t ask. My problem I suppose and yes I should’ve asked but if it’s not offered then it tells me a lot about the person or business.
The only caravans that come with a battery are the Buccaneer and top of the range Coachman as both have self levelling..

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The only caravans that come with a battery are the Buccaneer and top of the range Coachman as both have self levelling..
I would think the battery comes as part of the self leveling system.

Is the self leveling system an add on to the van. ?. ie can you buy the same caravan without the self leveling system. ?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would think the battery comes as part of the self leveling system.

Is the self leveling system an add on to the van. ?. ie can you buy the same caravan without the self leveling system. ?
It is standard and you are correct battery comes as standard and included in the MIRO. You cannot buy the same caravan without self levelling. However you can buy a lower spec that has the same layout, but a different model name.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts