Anyone stayed at CC site Chateau de Chambonnieres near Paris

Dec 19, 2006
Visit site
We have stayed on this site twice. At Easter 2003 and again last Easter, both were C. C. rallies dedicated to Disney.

The site is set in a wooded area and has large pitches. There is a sheltered area which houses 3 tennis tables. There is a small outside play area with see-saw and climbing frame but it is near to the site's large duck pond.

Toilets and shower blocks are very clean but basic.

The site is managed and owned by a very pleasant couple who speak a little English. They were very helpful when I suffered car breakdown.

No shop on site and nearest bakery is at nearby town 2 miles away.

Disney is about 20 miles away - you go back to the A4 at J13 and travel away from Paris to J14 which is the Disney junction.

To find the site, leave the A4 at J13 and head towards PROVINS on the D213 for about 12 miles and the site is on the left (just past a pedestrian crossing with flashing lights).

Need any more info or anything specific ..Just ask

Dodger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anthony

We stayed there in 2002 and I have a report on my website http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/CampCaravanChateaudeChambon.htm

Its tends echo the comments by Dodger. It is a fairly basic site with not much in the way of facilities and not much in the immediate vicinity so you will have to use the car. Having said that it is very convenient for visiting Vaux-le-Vicomte, Fontainebleau and Provins. Also of course Disneyland Paris.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anthony

We stayed there in 2002 and I have a report on my website http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/CampCaravanChateaudeChambon.htm

Its tends echo the comments by Dodger. It is a fairly basic site with not much in the way of facilities and not much in the immediate vicinity so you will have to use the car. Having said that it is very convenient for visiting Vaux-le-Vicomte, Fontainebleau and Provins. Also of course Disneyland Paris.

David
Having a go at inserting a clickable link!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Anthony

David
Don't worry if it didn't work, david. One has to be awful careful not to make the slightest mistake with the input, especially where the , and " go.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No public transport.

What most people do is to drive into Chateau St Vincent where there is ample free parking around the chateau. The Parisian Metro can be found next to a bus station to travel into Paris. From there you can do as you wish.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Indedentally....We were on the same rallies as Salad Dodger refered to, I don't recall him (or her) personally but agree with the comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts