Aqua roll

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just changed caravan water pump will not fit in the 29 ltr one thoght about filling out the hole but that might weaken the threads heard about a marley fitting that gives a bigger hole anyone had any experiance of these or is it just as easy to buy new one?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Aquaroll3.jpg
[/IMG]
Yes its possible and I believe one of the Clubs probably the Caravan Club covered it a few months ago.
Is it worth it; well financially yes but it is a bit of fiddling about, searching out the bits etc so it depends on your circumstances and values. It is however the green option.
Edit; sorry I failed to get the above image of the modified Aquaroll to work, but if you copy/paste the link it should work.

I filed out the top of my old aqua rolls and they worked perfctly well with the larger size of pump that I now use. I also did the same to a 25 litre water carrier that was used for camping and use it at home on occasion for the caravan and the pump fits perfectly. It is well worth filing the hole out in my opinion and doesn't affect the threads at all as the plastic is quite thick any way.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Phillip
How old is your aquaroll??
My 30 year old now used for waste water one didn't have a hole big enough to file out
Or so I thought before buying a new aquaroll !!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
alunagolf said:
looks good, can you remember the part number,did you use plastic pipe weld solution
Sorry I cant remember the part used but the adhesive was the original slow setting Araldite.
You could test the pipeweld type solution on the wasted bit you cut out, but I seem to recall it was not suitable for the plastic used.

Hiya John, the aquarolls that I filed out where from the '80s, so I would think they are about the same age as the ones that use.
The water carrier that I filed out would be from about the late 90's I would think, don't hold me to the dates tho', I may be out by a couple of years, but they aren't too far out. The plastic around the screw threads is good and thick and the cap is only there to seal it when moving it or when awaiting to be used when swapping over so I find that it's enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts