'Archie's Camping' - 2012 POI's available for more than 30,000 campsites in Britain and Europe - free download available.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There is a new update to 'Archie's Camping' - which for the information of those not familiar with it, contains the POI information for most types of Sat Nav, for more than 30,000 campsites throughout Britain and Europe. Here is 'Archie's' announcement:
In the last months we (Parafoeter and I) have paid special attention to France. Unfortunately we’ve had to delete hundreds of campsites, sometimes because they have been closed, but mainly because they have been changed to semi residential parcs where you are no longer welcome with your tent, touring caravan or motorhome. This is a very sad development for all who like caravanning or camping.
Fortunately we have also discovered a few dozen new campsites which we didn’t have in our dbase and these have been added.
I’m pleased to announce that a new version of the App for smartphones is now available, with some very useful new functions. Some users have complained the App couldn’t find Google Maps. The most common reason for this pop-up screen is that the smartphone doesn’t have a connection to the internet and/or can’t locate your position at that particular moment. In the new version you will receive a special warning if this is the problem.
For the users of Sygic on iPhone, or iPad as well as Android systems, some good news: the required rupi-format is now available in the downloads as a beta version.
Headers:
Special attention to France
Hundreds of campsites deleted
Android App and Google Maps
Beta version of poi’s in rupi-format online
The download is available by clicking:
Archie's Camping 2012
Please don't ask me about the 'technical' side - we don't even have a Sat Nav. I just help 'Archie' out occasionally, and announce the new updates.
I've added this to quite a few other 'Forums' but if anyone is a member of a Forum where it would be useful feel free to add the details there.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
That would be great Diane! I'm sure 'Archie' and 'Parafke' will be very pleased. They both work so hard on the website - I don't know how they ever do any caravanning!

TRENDING THREADS