Ardmair Point, Ullapool

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We stayed there four years ago.

It is a truly picturesque site right on the shore. The toilets were basic but well kept. It is absolutely lovely there, but do take precautions against the midges get some deet from the pharmacey in Ullapool about 5 miles away. Definately worth the money.

Great for fishing and walking.

Petrol very pricey. When we went there unleaded was

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ho Gordon

I was there this september.

The toilet/ shower blocks are kept immaculately clean but could do with a bit of an upgrade; nothing wrong with them and plenty of hot water.

The site wardens are excellent especially Diane. A mine of information and always working hard!

The pitches are well spaced out . Best to go in forwards to enjoy the views.Right by the shoreline. Be careful, if you haven't got a mover, leave yourself some room especially if using a t/a.

Ullapool is a lovely town and has plenty of eating drinking places to suit all budgets. A trip on the boat to the Summer Isles is not to be missed. The drive to the Summer Isles is spectacular too.

Have a good time.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gordon,

I can highly recommend Ardmair Point. Been there 3 times and going again this year. It's peaceful, quiet and has a relaxed atmosphere. Small playarea if you have kids, quiet roads and lots grass for bikes etc.

The main draw is the location and view. Right at the top of the peeble beach with the water directly in front of you, the view is brilliant !

There are 2 toilet / shower blocks, one with 2 showers, one with 3. They are not up to Caravan Club standard (which we always try to match when choosing sites ) but they are OK / serviceable and always spotless. No complaints whatsoever.

The shop is well stocked, alcohol, camping / vanning stuff, foodstuffs etc etc. No newspapers though. I usually hop in the motor to Ullapool, 10 minutes away for the papers.

As you are to the North side of Ullapool, you are already on your way up to the Summer Isles and I would recommend finding the wee beach at Achmelvich, it's great. The whole area up there is excellent.

Hope you decide to go, as I don't think you'll be disappointed. remember to ask for a beach front pitch when you book. There are plenty other pitching areas, " down the back ", but I think most people would prefer to be above the beach. It can get a bit blowy up there too, to the extent that we ripped our porch awning this year trying to take it down in the wind !

Cheers,

Alex.

TRENDING THREADS