Are all UK Tracing Apps comptable with each other?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have found by having the mask as high up as possible over my face almost touching my bottom eyelid and having my glasses on top of the mask stops the misting. Also stopped using my hearing aid as the two do not go well together. LOL!

The glasses trick does not work for me as my specks are too small.

I have just received my purchase of these. I think they improve the wearing experience somewhat.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I did read the instructions/advice that come with the app and I don't remember that it answered my question. However, I have now taken your advice and stopped being so lazy and looked it up for myself. The answer appears to be only when you have been in proximity of someone who has tested positive. Which makes sense. However it stops short of explaining distance and duration.

I might add that the 'NHS app' term is most confusing as there are not 1 but 2.

1 The NHS covid19 app we are discussing here.

2 The NHS app. This is new and I was directed to it in order to complete an electronic referral form for my wife called 'eConsult'. This took most of the morning as the security is massive. email conformation as well as passport photo check. It does give you access to your records. But the again, new app which referred me to the NHS app 'AIRMID' also gave me that access. Furthermore, we ere referred to the airmid app by its processor 'SYMTOMS ON LINE' which we have been using for a few years. My friend, who is chair of the patient advisory committee says the surgery want to keep the system on line' open, and they don't consider it to be extinct.

So 3 ways of doing almost the same thing. Is this progress, I really don't think so.

To add. Once registered with the NHS app we could complete eConsult form. This is similar to the 111 questions which drive you wild as they never seem to let you get to the point.

On the plus side, someone from the surgery contacted us within 20 mins.

Simplicity should always be the key to such things. Also, the writers should always have their systems checked for usability by the end users.

John
Distance and duration are computed via the Bluetooth detection and so I guess that it’s not a straight forward 2 metres x 15 minutes. Also Bluetooth strengths can vary between phones and where you are carrying them. Guess it’s an “ algorithm “

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts