Are There Really People Who Are Taken In By Such Ridiculous Scams?

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Don't know why but just had a look at one of the emails in my "spam" folder.
Are we to believe that anyone reading this will be taken in?
Of course the answer to that question is only the sender will know but seriously!

It might be fun to hold a competition. Who can find the most ridiculous Span? I don't doubt this is way up the list and there will be many more far less convincing.

This is the email:

It's from Tabrez Ahmed - SALES - Emirates Packaging Ind. <tabrez@empack.ae>

From United States
Former Ambassador to the United States of America:

This is MR.David Morgan the Former United States Ambassador to united Nation, I came down here in united Nations meeting and I was searching for some files that I left in this office before I left and found out that you have not received your fund, and I asked the present ambassador Mrs Linda Thomas Greenfield, what happened that you have not receive your fund since months ago, and she said that you refused to pay the required fee for the delivery of your ATM CARD.

I'm contacting you this morning because the director of the ATM CARD center here in united Nation said that they will divert your ATM CARD to the Government Treasury just because that you cannot pay for the service fee of your ATM CARD which is $300 only according to them. But I told them to wait until I hear from you today So that I will know the reason why you rejected such amount of money $50 Million United States Dollars which will change your life just because of $300 only.

I want your urgent response as soon as you receive this email and explain to me the reason why you have abandon your ATM CARD worth US$50 million USD because of $300 only But if you don't need it then I can change your name to another person so that this Government will not claim this money but I know that you will love to have it.

My dear I want to help you to receive this fund because it was a big shock to me that you have not receive your ATM CARD and withdraw your money since years ago you will receive your fund before the end of this meeting.

So your urgent replay is highly needed, Via my Email Address(dm586960@gmail.com)
I wait to hear from you today.
Your Sincerely
MR.David Morgan.

I rest my case!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I worked in Nigeria for almost 30 year and have heard of so many scams, carried out even to the relatives of each other.
Although not really a scam, but In the late 1980's cargo aircraft would, at times be requested by ground traffic controllers, to divert to a remote part of Lagos airport, where a team of thieves would open the cargo doors and unload the cargo into lorry's and drive off.
The airport was not very secure in those days.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
This morning on my mobile phone I received a recorded message, from Amazon, telling me that my Amazon Prime had just been renewed for £79.99.
I have seen this scam on the TV and other places, but what is strange is that, two days ago I accepted Amazon "free" one months deal ,again. But also the mobile phone number the message came from was just 6 numbers from my mobile number, ie. XXXXX XXXXX0 XXXXX XXXXX6
OK I havea Huawei phone and a Lenovo Tablet. am I being monitored in China

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This morning on my mobile phone I received a recorded message, from Amazon, telling me that my Amazon Prime had just been renewed for £79.99.
I have seen this scam on the TV and other places, but what is strange is that, two days ago I accepted Amazon "free" one months deal ,again. But also the mobile phone number the message came from was just 6 numbers from my mobile number, ie. XXXXX XXXXX0 XXXXX XXXXX6
OK I havea Huawei phone and a Lenovo Tablet. am I being monitored in China
Undoubtedly, and I bet they have a good laugh lover a drink when working day ends 😂

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I seldom get spam or phishing emails but having just returned from overseas, yesterday I got a one from an official at a US Airport - which isn't where I'd been.

I seldom read them as they are easily recognisable as spam or phishing - but I was curious.

Apparently they'd discovered a consignment with my name and address on it which contained $15m and they'd like me to pass over my details so they could send it to me.

No way I'd ever have that amount of money and they'd already got my name and address on it so just send it anyway.

Into the bin with it.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The English is so bad it should raise alarm bells. It is hard to believe that anyone would fall for that old chestnut, assuming they could understand the so called English.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts