ARE YOU ALLOWED GAS BOTTLES ON EUROTUNNEL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi
I was reading on another site that unlike the ferry company’s euro tunnel doesn’t allow gas bottles to be carried. Can someone confirm that this is true or not. If true what do people do re gas?
Thanks Richard w

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
No it's not true. You can take gas bottles, but they must be turned off! It's LPG powered vehicles which are not allowed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Val
Phew thanks for that I can stop panicking now. Thought id drop a clanger.
I’ve seen your posts allot on here and you seem to have a vast knowledge of info on holidaying in France. Have you seen my post re south of France and can you help.
Thanks again
Richard W

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard,
Just to confirm what Val has said about taking gas bottles on the Eurotunnel. It's not a problem, you might also read on the Eurotunnel website that gas bottles must be no more than a certain percentage full (think it might be 85% ) again don't worry about that as a "full" gas bottle is only filled to that level anyway.
We travelled by eurotunnel last year for the first time, definitely the way to go. On the outward journey someone checked that our gas bottles were turned off, nobody checked on return leg.
Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As with others, sometimes ny bottles have been checked for being off and sometimes not. Sometimes a sticker has been applied to the car windscreen - once right in my line of vision - and sometimes not. But be prepared for the a check and know where the key to the front locker is !
Given the potential for mischief, I for one would be happier if the security checks were a bit more rigourous. Each time my (fixed bed) van has been examanied both by ET asnd ferry companies, no one has looked under the bed !

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Sometimes we have had them inspect under the beds and in the bathroom and other times just the gas bottles inspected. We think the Tunnel is the best way to cross the Channel.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As said they will just check with you that the gas bottles are off.
The best way to travel across the channel just wish they could plan the loading of caravans better.
Caravans are put on last as they cannot fit 2 twin axles in one carriage.We have never been on the same train as our friends with groups more than 2

TRENDING THREADS