ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY?

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone any experience of LAFUMA RSXA RECLINERS.I need something that will be comfy because I have osteo-arthrytis in my hip and our loungers have metal under the cushions for support which becomes painful after a while. These LAFUMA chairs are pricey so I would like some views before I splurge out on a couple. My previous experience tells me this is the best place to look for advice so here I go again!!!

SANDRA

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
We use them and they are fab. We bought some for my elderly parents who are still caravanning and they find them very comfy too.

The only time we don't use them if we are sitting to the table outside as they are a tad low and you can't seem to get your feet straight down if you know what I mean, they are always a tiny bit reclined which I find uncomfortable when eating. We just carry a couple of directors chairs to stand in.

They are actually widely used for reflexology as they are able to tip back effortlessly and are very comfy and relaxing. There is none of the padding going lumpy over time or buttons sticking in your bum. The elastics are available separately and can be replaced. Also you can get covers for them - ours were in with the deal we got off the internet.

Its like everything else Sandra, you get what you pay for and you pay for quality. We wouldn't be without ours.

Val.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for your input.I have ordered a pair from Towsure.We already have some upright chairs for using at the table.I hope they arrive before we go away again next week-end.

Sandra

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Sandra, as you have already ordered these my comments on the downside of the Lafuma RXA recliners may come a bit late.

Anyway, we bought 2 of these a couple of years ago and they are so comfortable we rarely leave the awning now. So owning them has stop us doing many of the things we used to do.

Ha, Ha. Mal

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sandra

I had a Lafuma chair last Christmas as a present, and it is GREAT. It is so comfortable and the reclining position is very relaxing, with no 'pressure' from frames etc. However, when we were at the caravan show at the NEC, there were now several copies of this design, and to be honest, they were as comfortable as the Lafuma, but half the price. Towsure do one called the Verona which is the same design, and costs

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sandra

I had a Lafuma chair last Christmas as a present, and it is GREAT. It is so comfortable and the reclining position is very relaxing, with no 'pressure' from frames etc. However, when we were at the caravan show at the NEC, there were now several copies of this design, and to be honest, they were as comfortable as the Lafuma, but half the price. Towsure do one called the Verona which is the same design, and costs

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have had a pair of these for some time and the only eal issue I have is that the fabric easily gets soiled with dust(in France) and sun tan oil etc,if you can use the towels that you can buy for them.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Good point made by Plotter.

But, instead of buying the purpose made towels from Lafuma we bought some towels from ASDA and the OH stiched two together, then folded the tops over and hemmed the sides so the top of the towel. These slip over the top of the seat to stay in place.

About half the price of the Lafuma ones.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments.The weight issue is a valid point but at the moment we are using 2 loungers we bought at Carrefour in Spain and they are very unwieldy with the cushions.I will get my "little sister" to make some toweling covers,thanks for that Bee.

Sandra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts