Arisaig Anyone

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Beeen recently ?? Looking in the books around 5 different sites any recommends ??? See it says nine hole golf course near by ??? anyone know if this is a course or pitch and putt ???

( Going before the midge season, we hope )

Val & Frank

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I have heard the area is superb. I think it's where they filmed "Local Hero".

Been meaning to go, it's slightly off the main touring routes so depends what your plans are.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rioja

I have been to Arisaig in the past Scout Camping (1958) it really is a nice place.

We are just going for a week, about a 3 to 4 hour drive from here. At

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Frank,

Been there a few times although not recently. Brilliant place with lots of little sandy coves - were surprised how each of them seemed to have its own variety of sea shells.

First time we went to the site at Back of Keppoch and phoned from Ardnamurchan to check if there was room. A lovely Highland accent (female) said "Oh yes, we'll make room for you". When we arrived there were a couple of people with scythes clearing space for our two caravans! At the end of our stay we went to square up with the site owner, Jessie MacDonald, and she said "Oh, Mr. steele, you and Mr. Scott did not have very good pitches so I'll just be charging you 20p a night instead of 40p.!

Rob S.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Frank,

Been there a few times although not recently. Brilliant place with lots of little sandy coves - were surprised how each of them seemed to have its own variety of sea shells.

First time we went to the site at Back of Keppoch and phoned from Ardnamurchan to check if there was room. A lovely Highland accent (female) said "Oh yes, we'll make room for you". When we arrived there were a couple of people with scythes clearing space for our two caravans! At the end of our stay we went to square up with the site owner, Jessie MacDonald, and she said "Oh, Mr. steele, you and Mr. Scott did not have very good pitches so I'll just be charging you 20p a night instead of 40p.!

Rob S.
This is probably the site you mean

http://www.scottishcampingguide.com/link.php?n=71&c=17

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Just back from a week in Arisaig

Rob Roy wrote earlier

" When we arrived there were a couple of people with scythes clearing space for our two caravans! At the end of our stay we went to square up with the site owner, Jessie MacDonald, and she said "Oh, Mr. steele, you and Mr. Scott did not have very good pitches so I'll just be charging you 20p a night instead of 40p.!

Rob S.

Mr & Mrs Macdonald have caught up with the 20th century!! It's now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts