Arrival breakdown cover!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are very uncertain about whether Mayday offers us adequate cover in the vent we breakdown with the caravan in tow.
Just done the quote on the C& CC website as if we were members and to cover both of us with dual recovery, at home, 2 people as we have two cars the cost is £235.05. Seems that if you are not a member and accept the free joining C&CC via RAC the cost escalates quite a bit?
I am not sure about the following;
if you’re towing a caravan or trailer, we’ll take it to a different location up to 75 miles "from where we recover your car or motorhome".

Does the underlined part mean from the place where you break down or the from the place where you were recovered to i.e. caravan storage compound?

Our concern is that the caravan needs to go into storage and we have a service contract with the dealership for our vehicle and the dealership is 65 miles from our residence. I emailed the RAC through the C&CC website about 2 weeks ago and have not had any response.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Just to be sure, are you asking about the CAMC cover, which is called Mayday and is provided by Green Flag, or the C&CC cover which is provided by RAC?

Each of the 3 Mayday levels of cover provide what is called "Dual Recovery":
"Dual recovery
If you break down on your way to a site, or during your stay, and your car can't be fixed we'll take you to your destination and back home again after your holiday."

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Mayday is the CC and Arrival as per my heading is with C&CC. Mayday as a very severe shortcoming if your caravan is on a storage site. Mayday will take you either to the garage or your home but not both which is a problem.
Currently we are with Mayday but are looking at RAC Arrival with C&CC which seems to offer better options as they will take you home after dropping off the caravan at the storage and will then take car to garage.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We are looking at Arrival also for the same reason. Just hope I do not have the problem before my cover runs out.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that with RAC arrival should you break down upto 75 miles from the campsite they’ll collect you, take you back to the campsite and then onwards to one destination. If that is storage then both caravan and car are deposited there. The car is still broken!! I don’t know whether Mayday offer that but it seams both clubs leave you at storage.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
When I had the misfortune to need Arrival recovery, they towed my caravan 20 miles to the campsite I was booked into, then they took my car 50 miles to Frejus to the Kia dealer, they then collected me from the campsite by taxi,took me to a car rental and hired me a car for 10 days. Then they reversed the whole proceedure when my car was repaired.
They phoned every day to keep me informed up until I got back to Dover.

All at no additional charge.
Best thing I ever did joining Arrival

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
SteveW77 said:
When I had the misfortune to need Arrival recovery, they towed my caravan 20 miles to the campsite I was booked into, then they took my car 50 miles to Frejus to the Kia dealer, they then collected me from the campsite by taxi,took me to a car rental and hired me a car for 10 days. Then they reversed the whole proceedure when my car was repaired.

I wonder what would happen if the repair was too expensive and you were not in a position to get the vehicle fixed straight away?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
SteveW77 said:

Yes but if going abroad Mayday isn’t used and wouldn’t you pay fir Red Pennant the CMHC overseas breakdown accident cover. This does give addditional benefits which you’d expect when overseas. As leaving part of the outfit in France isn’t a realistic option.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Buckman said:
SteveW77 said:

I wonder what would happen if the repair was too expensive and you were not in a position to get the vehicle fixed straight away?

A neighbour suffered such a situation. They gave him a hire car for the holiday. And because French repair estimate and speed for his Peugeot was very costly and a long wait his outfit was repatriated and he picked up a UK hire car in Portsmouth. He kept that for couple of weeks.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

The repair on my Sorento was a new turbo, there wasn't one in France and it took 10 days to get one
How much more expensive do you want?
Fortunately the car was still under the Kia 7 year warranty.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were looking at Arrival because my car is with RAC but for a caravan only what we was quoted was very dear but i am a member with the caravan Club Mayday .....
1/ Roadside & Recovery Annual Cover £72 .....
2/ Premium UK Annual Cover £103 .....
3/ Premium Uk Plus Annual Cover £132 .....
We are hiring a caravan it comes with insurance but no breakdown so i am having one of the options above...

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It is nice to hear about great out comes, a friend of mine( yes I do have one) car broke down in France, an old Galaxy, an axle problem, deemed not worth brining back, so a hired car to tow back, great outcome, through Red Pennent.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After 3 weeks a reply from RAC arrival;
Thank you for your correspondence and apologies for the delay in responding to your query.
If we are unable to repair the vehicle, caravan or trailer, we will provide recovery of the vehicle and passengers to a single destination of your choice. If you are towing a caravan or trailer, we will take it to a location of your choice within 10 miles or up to 75 miles or unlimited miles based on your level of cover and circumstances.
I can confirm that we would not cover the cost of any transportation, accommodation or care of any animal. If we provide an onward transportation service for you and the passengers of a vehicle, any animals that were in the vehicle can only be transported in the broken down vehicle at your own risk. We will not transport animals in the recovery vehicle and we will not be liable for or insure any animal during any onward transportation, however any assistance animals must be transported with their owners.
As you have the option to be transported to a single destination of your choice, you can opt-in to be transported back to your home address first, then ring us again to arrange another tow to your trusted garage. There are many more options / alternatives depending on your breakdown circumstances at that moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts