ashford, kent

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony

I'm off to Kent again in May. When you say 'wild animals' do you mean British wildlife, birds etc? If so, where abouts are you planning to photograph them? Are there any particularly good places? I know Dungeness is popular but I'd just like to know because I am an amateur photographer.

Regards

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Incidentially, I can recommend Romney Farm, just the basic requirements but clean and tidy and easy access. It's not in Ashford it's just outside New Romney. If you have a dog, they let you walk across open countryside too.

It's probably a 20 minute or so drive to Ashford, possibly less.

Lisa

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We can recommend Tanner farm, lovely site, stopped there a few years ago, nice restaurants/pubs not far away. sorry don't know the distance of site from Ashford Kent

Annette

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tony

Broadhembury Camping Caravan site is on the outskirts of Ashford and really easy to get to from the M20 Junction 10. The toilet block was refurbished a year ago when we stayed and had under floor heating installed... must of been the longest shower I've ever had.

Daleacres CC site on Romney Marsh/Hythe is fantastic as you can hear the Lions/Tigers from Port Lympne zoo park. They do a great walk from the site up through the middle of the zoo park (public footpath) and you spot a lot of the animals, take binoculars with you.

Hope this helps.

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tony

I'm off to Kent again in May. When you say 'wild animals' do you mean British wildlife, birds etc? If so, where abouts are you planning to photograph them? Are there any particularly good places? I know Dungeness is popular but I'd just like to know because I am an amateur photographer.

Regards

Lisa
hi lisa

since your last visit they have built a b*%%$y great big windfarm between the campsite you stayed on and rye can see it for miles. about 40 turbines i think.

lol george .

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony

Regards

Lisa
Hi George

Any chance you could post some pics? if not I'll do a google. I actually do like wind farms, I have no objection to them at all, just my take on it. Makes me more determined to visit the site again in May.

Take care.

Lisa

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tony

Regards

Lisa
I'm going on a photography course @ the wildlife heritage park

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
hi tony

as you are going to wildlifeheritage park your best sites are

broadhembury ashford 18 miles. www.broadhembury.co.uk

tanner farm goudhurst 16 miles. www.tannerfarmpark.co.uk

hope this helps.

have fun george.

TRENDING THREADS