Ashurst in the new forest Hampshire

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
My Pat and I have found a camp site about 50 miles away from us and we think it would be nice to stay for weekends say Saturday and Sunday so we had a walk round the site but it was closed for the winter months.
Okay next year it would suit us but when we were walking round Pat said oh no there is no electric hookups.
Can't stay here, no telly, no heating, battery will go flat.
The heating I have tried to light the gas when I first got the van but gave up and just use the electric.
TV, well I have not looked if it will work on 12v.
So what about a small generator?
Would that be the way to go?
Or just keep looking for a site with electric.
It did look a nice site, it was at Ashurst in the new forest, and it was cheep but I suppose with no electric it would be cheep.
Reg and Pat

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
hi reg and pat
i go to setthorns also in new forest think they allow generators for 1 hour morning and afternoon will check tomorrow
when we arrive.
setthorns has eletric but no toilets or showers.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Earlyriser,
Setthorns has eletric but no toilets or showers.
I have had a word with Pat and we are going to have a trip out to the site to have a look round but it sounds just what we are after.
If the site is okay I will have to work out how much hot water I get from the water heater in one go and may bye a spare water container.
It sound just the job for a weekend away as both of us have an evening job in the week.
Thanks again
Reg and Pat

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,
Just poped down to Sethorns Caravan Park to have a look round this morning, this looks just the place we are looking for, for short breaks, the lady let us drive round, it is large and plenty of room to park the van.
Looks like there will be some good walks and may give our bikes an outing.
We think we have worked out the washing/hair/shaving, may try out the shower, no just stick to a kwick wash.
I will invest in another water container so I will have two, one for me and one for Pat, so if you see two old codgers rolling our barrols about site, do come and say hi.
Thanks Reg and Pat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts