Automatic cassette emptying

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Thetford now have a machine that will empty, clean and dose with blue. Maybe, just maybe, the ladies in my family will now empty the cassette.
The machine will be at the NEC next month and the C&CC have one on trial at their Kingsbury Water Park site. As I will be staying on the site in a couple of weeks and will give it a go as it is free during the trial. .
According to the C&CC Magazine the machine is already in use in Holland at a charge of 3.50 euros a time. Not sure if I would pay his much

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I will be taking me shovel...pay E3.50 to empty me pot....no chance
Dig pit...chuck in the contents....cover it....

PS... We don't poo in our pot!!!!!!!

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Used one of these machines at the Knaus camping site in Hamburg in the summer.
Very easy to use. Cost there was E3 each time.
Take out of that the cost of the Thetford chemical (they dispensed the green version there), then the extra cost is a small price to pay for the convenience (!!) of a well cleaned cassette and correct water/chemical usage plus not feeling like I needed to shower after.
Would recommend it to anyone.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I saw the unit being demonstrated at the Thetford factory recently. The first observation that I made was the cost, and I must admit that I'd be surprised if that many people would be prepared to pay so much for the job to be done.

It worked well, BUT, of course it was only emptying water out. It will be interesting to see how it deals with a "used" cassette. Plus of course it only works with Thetford cassettes, so anyone with a Dometic unit can't even give it a try.

It will be interesting to see if it takes off.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Interesting development. I have only recently encountered the joys of the cassette that needs emptying; our initial rule was that it was only for use by our two girls (aged 4 and 6) during the evenings and night-time… that rule didn’t last long. I am still trying to work out the best way to dose everything and so on. Doubt that I’d pay a wad of cash to empty the cassette though.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
You do get used to emptying the cassette (often despite the state that some people leave the emptying points in!). I do not wish to offend anyone with the following video, but the first few times that I did it, it went along these lines:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LI7ndOcGU
It's now just one of the jobs to be done, and as we tend use our own facilities most of the time............. :)

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If this becomes popular then I guess my prediction of a few months ago might come true after all! It was -

Is the next development for the Super Pitch, connection to mains sewerage? I'm envisioning some sort of adaptor that clicks into place replacing the Woosie Tank, with a pipe that leads to a disposal port in the ground.

Before you say that no-one will ever go for it...when I started caravanning no-one would have predicted Super Pitches in their current form, with your own personal grey water point and water tap for plumbed in connection, and even a TV aerial connection point.

Anyone know the number of the patent office?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Its obviously something people want when they have filled in questionnaires otherwise why invest so heavily into something that no one wants?

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Used the machine. this week and it was good but I still do not think it is worth 3.50 euros or sterling equivalent to use.
It empties the cassette and then cleans it plus it cleans the cap. It then puts a dose of blue and two litres of water in the cassette.
One good thing is that for the first time my daughter emptied the cassette but I do not think even she would have used the machine if she had to pay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts